Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 09:51 AM
Kobold

Default Supplies for success

Greetings,

Just started the game still trying to remember what eq was like in the olden days. I have no idea what classes are needed/good anymore. I know I am broke and in need of making the cash.

Do any of you established folks have a need for the reagents we noobs collect in droves? I am more then willing to farm bone chips/bat wings or any of that type crap if there is a market for it. Please toss me a PM if looking for specifics. I am only lvl 2 atm but ill be higher if non nooby zone stuff is needed!

Thanks,
Kegstand
Old 08-25-2013, 10:19 AM
Planar Protector

Bone chips do seem hard to find, but you won't be able to advertise to sell anything in game using global chat until level 10. Alternatively you can post in the trading forum (below this one) and you might get lucky [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The first levels are the hardest, particularly if you're starting from scratch...get into the teens whatever class you're playing and things get easier, unless you rolled a ranger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-25-2013, 03:13 PM
Kobold

^^ haha my first toon was a ranger lol. I was thinking necro but with the lack of player base maybe mage so I can still get into cities and move around. Ec tunnel still where it's at for trading? also shouldn't take long to hit 10 then /ooc works? I remember back when I first started I made a business of running food and water to the oasis and sro for folks on camps lol. Sounds cooky but lot of folks wanted delivery of goods so they wouldn't abandon camps.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:28 PM
Planar Protector

On PVP no one ever traded in EC tunnel. On rallos zek trading was done in greater faydark.

Here most people port into rivervale, and I guess that felwithe is sort of popular for wizards because of close proximity to wizzie spires.

Economy on red99 is dead as a doornail. But bone chips still have some value. Only good place to get them for a lowbie is in field of bone, in iksar land you wind up with a tonnnn of bone chips.

The most important supplies for success is immersion. Enjoy the game, love your toon, and you will have a great time. Keep your eyes peeled for those cracked staffs on humanoid mobs, that will get you a lot of vendor plat a lot faster than anything else.

Just enjoy what you're doing.

Iksar necro is a great choice for a solo operator. Mages suck because they can't handle dungeons well because they have no crowd control. They are good for leveling up but end up being very limited. A lot of people you run into will be alternate toons so they won't need a lot of money and will be pretty well setup themselves. Just remember that you can level up in full cloth gear just fine. Get what you can, but just cruise through the levels and have a good time. You can /tell Gustoo for buffs or if you need help with tricky CR's or something.
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 08-25-2013 at 03:37 PM..
Old 08-25-2013, 10:11 PM
Kobold

I can see this is going to get interesting real fast.

BTW seems to be more people on Red 99 then on Zek in live so I am happy.
Last edited by Absynthe2k5; 08-25-2013 at 10:42 PM..
Old 08-25-2013, 10:13 PM
Sarnak

gr8 pic casey
Old 08-25-2013, 10:26 PM
Orc

I about shit when I saw the pic lol
Old 08-25-2013, 10:34 PM
Planar Protector

nice touch with the pieces of corn in the dookie
Old 08-25-2013, 10:50 PM
Planar Protector

That is a very well-drawn poop.