Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 06:26 PM
Kobold

Reiker'll be there.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:17 PM
Planar Protector

A project 1999-con/fanfaire/whatever is a terrible idea. p99 is full of some completely nutty people. Look at it this way: if Abacab's way of getting back at people in eq is by training them, how do you think he gets his revenge in real life??

Also, lots of people on the server just don't get along. How awkward would it be if I had a conversation with someone for 10 minutes and then found out it was actually alawen or some other douche? And what if I insulted someone I didn't know and then found out it was rogean or nilbog, or someone else with authority? Would they ban me later for it? Could they do that?
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 11-20-2010, 08:23 PM
Kobold

People are a lot friendlier when you take away the anonymity of the internet. I might even smoke a bong with Hasbinbad. Maybe.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:29 PM
Sarnak

Lol I was thinking the same thing....

Lets get 500 people together who all fucking hate each other, and lets see what RnF actually looks like .
Old 11-20-2010, 08:34 PM
Sarnak

sounds fun Vangorr, open bar is a must
Old 11-20-2010, 08:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahnza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People are a lot friendlier when you take away the anonymity of the internet. I might even smoke a bong with Hasbinbad. Maybe.
I would try to find out who people are and get into some fights [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I got a very short list of people tho. What are the chances they would even show up. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-20-2010, 08:55 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahnza
I actually agree with this. I've met many people IRL after knowing them for a while just over the intertubes, even some of them didn't like me or I didn't like them, etc, and I got along great. The perception of someone over the Internet goes out the window when you meet them.

All that aside, let's have a mini fan faire in Vegas at the Sony fan faire next year, lol.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 11-20-2010, 10:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I actually agree with this. I've met many people IRL after knowing them for a while just over the intertubes, even some of them didn't like me or I didn't like them, etc, and I got along great. The perception of someone over the Internet goes out the window when you meet them.

All that aside, let's have a mini fan faire in Vegas at the Sony fan faire next year, lol.
exactly... nerd rage comes out in EQ..

Nerds IRL arent gonna be all aggro starting shit with eachother..... it will be as quiet as a library.
Old 11-20-2010, 10:37 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How awkward would it be if I had a conversation with someone for 10 minutes and then found out it was actually alawen or some other douche? And what if I insulted someone I didn't know and then found out it was rogean or nilbog, or someone else with authority? Would they ban me later for it? Could they do that?

I'm not sure what word describes this post best, depressing, ignorant or arrogant.

Heaven forbid you meet someone and actually enjoy talking to them for a few moments IRL despite them possibly being a douche in-game. What, do you really expect to like every aspect of every person you meet? Are you incapable of having a conversion with someone who isn't quite as perfect as you are? Can you not talk to someone without insulting them, no matter who they are? How about maybe just accepting the negative traits of others, along with their positive and just being humane to your fellow person for awhile.

Nice friggin job at being a positive representative for friendliness in your guild. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Knightmare; 11-20-2010 at 10:39 PM..
Old 11-20-2010, 10:54 PM
Sarnak

People are also friendly in person because they don't have a keyboard and screen to hide behind. I think it's a great idea, getting it organized and getting the funding for it is another ball of wax.

Closed Thread