Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 08:42 AM
Aviak

The PoK books turned the old-world zones into ghost towns.

I too enjoyed the PoP raids, but those books really diminished the scope of the game.

The devs seemed to completely neglect the old zones once Luclin/PoP came around and it killed that portion of the game
Old 05-16-2014, 11:13 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The PoK books turned the old-world zones into ghost towns.

I too enjoyed the PoP raids, but those books really diminished the scope of the game.

The devs seemed to completely neglect the old zones once Luclin/PoP came around and it killed that portion of the game
Kunark added a whole separate continent as did Velious, the only reason the classic zones were still used were because they provided enough exp for the new levels in Kunark and Velious. Also, you can't continuously expand zones into (and beyond) the size of West Karana. Traveling becomes even more tedious than it already is.

PoP raiding and the expansion as a whole I consider the pinnacle of EQ. I say this after playing and raiding in all expansions leading up to VoA (a few years old now). TSS and SoF were great as well.

It would be awesome if features from future expansions could be voted upon and implemented after Velious is complete. Such as, most of PoP with the exception of the easy porting (books) everywhere, Luclin without trader mode or set the spire portals to every hour instead of every 15 minutes, Epic 2.0's from OOW, etc
Last edited by moklianne; 05-16-2014 at 11:28 AM..
Closed Thread