Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 05:31 PM
Planar Protector

Sounds like some conflicting data between going for 1hand vs 2hand. Guess ill see what's available for the cheapest.
Old 11-11-2014, 05:51 PM
Planar Protector

Actually, I think when I get home tonight I'm just going to bank all my gear and do a #YOLO run to Freeport. That way if I die I don't have to worry about getting my corpse.
Old 11-11-2014, 06:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I started in Qeynos. I know about the gnoll fang quests, but aside from that, is there anything I should know? So far I have just been hunting decayed skeletons and gnoll pups trying to collect a set of cloth armor and sell rusty weapons for cash.
Another great step to get levels and starting plat is to go directly to West Karana after you are done with gnoll-fangs, and level up through your teens (if you can solo) the bandits.. I think i was like 15 or 16 when I started, there are 3 camps of them and you can prob find people to join you to duo or trio! they have a good re-spawn but most importantly drop bandit sashes.. load up your inventory and turn them into a guy at the paladin guild for a bronze wep, to sell at a merchant right next to him.. I made all my starting plat there so its doable with whatever you were able to scrape up new to the server, like cloth/leather armors!
Old 11-11-2014, 06:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like some conflicting data between going for 1hand vs 2hand. Guess ill see what's available for the cheapest.
Look for master wu's trance stick (1hb) or Wu's quivering staff (2hb) Both are fairly cheap and very effective
Old 11-11-2014, 08:09 PM
Planar Protector

Well guess I am going to have to just beg for a port. I made it to highpass but there were tons of gnolls blocking the path. Ugh...
Old 11-11-2014, 09:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
There's no conflicting data. 1-20 optimally will be one of the suggested 1H weapons and possibly a second if you can arrange it. ~100p each. However, if you get a chance to get a Wu's Quivering Staff at a good price (or as a gimmie), don't hesitate to use it before level 20.

Unless you have money for a SoS (1H) ~2.8K and one of the suggested 1HB weapons by level 20, 20-30 is prime time for Wu's Quivering Staff (2H) ~150p.

By 30, you should be able to afford either an SoS (pair with whatever your old 1H was, trade up to a Knuckle Duster, or add a second SoS), PB (2H), or IFS (2H). At that point, it becomes debatable as to what is "best", but not as to what is the most dps -- SoS x2.
Old 11-11-2014, 11:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayso [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's no conflicting data. 1-20 optimally will be one of the suggested 1H weapons and possibly a second if you can arrange it. ~100p each. However, if you get a chance to get a Wu's Quivering Staff at a good price (or as a gimmie), don't hesitate to use it before level 20.

Unless you have money for a SoS (1H) ~2.8K and one of the suggested 1HB weapons by level 20, 20-30 is prime time for Wu's Quivering Staff (2H) ~150p.

By 30, you should be able to afford either an SoS (pair with whatever your old 1H was, trade up to a Knuckle Duster, or add a second SoS), PB (2H), or IFS (2H). At that point, it becomes debatable as to what is "best", but not as to what is the most dps -- SoS x2.
I was able to finally make it to EC. I sold all my bone chips and was able to get a decent discount on Wu's Staff for 100p and someone also randomly gave me a Cane of the Tranquil. Going to use the Wu's for a bit until my 2hb skill gets caught up then I will follow your advice.

Thanks for the tips everyone.
Old 11-12-2014, 01:35 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Well guess I am going to have to just beg for a port. I made it to highpass but there were tons of gnolls blocking the path. Ugh...
Take the southern route and hug the zone walls: NK - SK - LR - RM - TF - IS - SoRo - Oasis - NoRo - Freeport.

At level 4 I made it twice from Erudin (accidentally hit gate in NoRo so had to run again).

ETA: Oops, I see you made it. Good job.
Old 11-12-2014, 10:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by krforrester [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Take the southern route and hug the zone walls: NK - SK - LR - RM - TF - IS - SoRo - Oasis - NoRo - Freeport.

At level 4 I made it twice from Erudin (accidentally hit gate in NoRo so had to run again).

ETA: Oops, I see you made it. Good job.
I had thought about that route, but I assumed high pass was better. I will keep that in mind though.

I was just lucky enough that there happened to be a high level druid in Qeynos. I wasn't going to beg a druid to come pick me up, but since he was already there . [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-12-2014, 09:10 PM
Planar Protector

Well after all that work I ended up accidentally selling the staff to a vendor and the GMs won't return it.

Guess this game isn't for me after all. Thanks everyone for the advice, don't think I'll be logging back on though.
Closed Thread