Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: do you think the current VP rules are bullshit?
yes 327 68.99%
no 147 31.01%
Voters: 474. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 02:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You seem to think that our "No CSR" rule is related to SOE's "No Guide" Rule (Maybe also called "No CSR"). The live version was a list of zones that guides could not enter due to the possibility that they may unintentionally interfere with the players.

This is not the same. Our "No CSR" Rule was not put in place to mimick live's, it is a separate rule in place for separate reasons. Therefor, your comparison to any relative eqlive policy is invalid.

Disclaimer: This post was made to correct the misconception that the rule was based on an eqlive policy, which is not. I am not posting to say that we would or wouldn't consider removing our "No CSR" policy, which may or may not be up for reconsideration.

I see, so the non-csr rule inplemented here, what was the justification behind it?
Is there some kind of proof out there somewhere that training was ever allowed on live Eq?

As far as I've read(not saying I'm some kind of research whiz) training was always punishable by GMs on live as it was considered interference/disruptive regardless of the zone. In its current form VP is inpossible to zone into without 50 player forces (if 2 guilds are in zone) and the guild with the bigger train team wins. I don't believe that success in everquest was ever measured by such standards.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 08-04-2013, 02:30 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Prove it.

Hahaha finally got to use that line when it was relevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No offense bud I appreciate your imput but this is the exact kind of posts I'm trying to avoid.
But seriously - that's the second time you've used the word imput like it's a real word. Please stop.
Old 08-04-2013, 02:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only zone in the game that is non-csr is veehan's atm, so uhh.. not sure where you're getting your information from.
Fear/sky/hate were listed as non-csr zones in the everquest rule books that I was able to locate.

Maybe this was post velious? I'm not sure why they would suddenly change classic zones to non csr though at that point.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 08-04-2013, 02:31 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You'll have to do some research for the exact news post that implemented it, I'm sure that contains information. Or perhaps your fellow players will help. I'm not here to answer your question about why every policy exists, just to fix your misconceptions.

You're still comparing it to eqlive in the rest of your post. It's not an EQLive related policy. You should stop doing that.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 08-04-2013, 02:32 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Fear/sky/hate were listed as non-csr zones in the everquest rule books that I was able to locate.
How many times do I have to tell you that our No CSR policy is NOT related to live? Is there some sort of brain block going on here?

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 08-04-2013, 02:32 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Our "No CSR" Rule was not put in place to mimick live's, it is a separate rule in place for separate reasons. Therefor, your comparison to any relative eqlive policy is invalid.
Quote:

Maybe this was post velious? I'm not sure why they would suddenly change classic zones to non csr though at that point.
Old 08-04-2013, 02:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You'll have to do some research for the exact news post that implemented it, I'm sure that contains information. Or perhaps your fellow players will help. I'm not here to answer your question about why every policy exists, just to fix your misconceptions.

You're still comparing it to eqlive in the rest of your post. It's not an EQLive related policy. You should stop doing that.
Alright, thanks.

I wasn't calling you or any other gm/dev out with this post honestly just lookong to gauge server opinion as well as maybe acquiring new info regarding the matter.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 08-04-2013, 02:33 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tasslehofp99 needs to work on his reading comprehension.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 08-04-2013, 02:37 AM
Planar Protector

I underatand.
I'm looking for the reasons why the p99 no csr policy was implemented when it seems pretty clear that the live server rules were a bit different. Like, was there a previous discussion that I may have overlooked?

I'm failing to see why my post is warranting troll like responses when all I was looking for is information and opinions jeez. Sorry for being curious and bored at work.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 08-04-2013, 02:37 AM
Kobold

I will throw this in from the server rules as well with some bolding to reinforce the thread.

Quote:
Q: What if our raid is disrupted? What if our raid interferes with another raid?
A: You may petition in game and if a staff member is available we will be more than happy to show up and evaluate the situation as it occurs. If a staff member is unavailable then please feel free to submit your petition under petitions/exploits on the forums at www.project1999.org. please be sure to include all relevant fraps & screenshots that you feel build your case. Players are not permitted to take the law into their own hands. You are not batman and two wrongs do not make a right, therefore killstealing or general douchebaggery are not permitted under any circumstances. ever.
Closed Thread