Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 02:45 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would have quit too.

Hope they can get him restored.
Thanks for the positive words, no matter how much you might no like someone, I would never wish this on anyone!
Old 03-02-2015, 11:33 PM
Sarnak

I can also confirm Cytriax was playing on P99 and in TR/IB... I'm even in one of the screenshots he posted ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
You don't seem to get the fact that we've wanted to let you walk quietly but you continue to attempt to troll us to make us look bad to save yourself face or to 'be the bad guy' and make us 'regret' not letting your bipolar ass back on the staff
Old 03-03-2015, 12:02 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezalor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not sure it's reasonable to expect them to backup entire character database forever

imagine how much memory that would take, there's 100,000s of characters since server inception
32Bx(name + race + deity + location + 7x base stats + level + face + 19x gear slots + 8x10x inventory slots + 8x10x bank slots + <500 faction standings)x100,000 is like 2GB
Old 03-03-2015, 12:22 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baugi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
32Bx(name + race + deity + location + 7x base stats + level + face + 19x gear slots + 8x10x inventory slots + 8x10x bank slots + <500 faction standings)x100,000 is like 2GB
sounds like numbers pulled out your ass tbqh
Old 03-03-2015, 10:03 AM
Planar Protector

Yes, but the point remains, there's no chance that the database is 'too big to save' when a 3 terabyte drive costs like 100$.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:56 AM
Kobold

Check Daltheb's youtube channel. I'm 100% certain you are in some of those videos. That should be enough proof.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Check Daltheb's youtube channel. I'm 100% certain you are in some of those videos. That should be enough proof.
its been well established that this char existed the problem he is having is finding the database support to restore the character

I dont think they will just 'create' a new character for him simply bc there are videos/logs/screenshots of a character he claims to have owned existing
Old 03-03-2015, 12:34 PM
Planar Protector

That is actually a good point... How do we know you are who you says you is? Hmmmm? *eyes suspiciously*

No way to really verify that I suppose, so I don't see what the harm is in making the character for him unless of course he weren't really him and the real him comes to is with the same problem in a year >.<;
Old 03-03-2015, 02:42 PM
Sarnak

I feel bad for you OP I really do but to stress years of work lost seems a bit over dramatic. We don't pay for this service. There is no advertising revenues. I know for a fact that one day, maybe tomorrow, my characters and the server will cease to exist.

I hope they can find your character or create a new one but realize all the work put in will eventually be 'de-rezzed'(sp?).

Seems you have a lot of friends and sympathizers here. Start a new character and get some PL / gear to get going again.
Old 03-03-2015, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

I wonder if they've done partial match searches on the name. Do you remember any specific pieces of gear that would be on the character? If you gave them six or seven specific pieces of info, like four specific pieces of gear and 2 or 3 base stat values or something, maybe they could use that as a signature to winnow down.

Also, I wonder if they've checked their indexes lately; sometimes you can 'lose' records due to a corrupted index. The records physically there, you just can't get to it. Grepping a mysqldump for teh name might work in taht case.