Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 04-22-2014, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

I don't see how this is related to hardware in a computer... At least in my case the problem is surely network related. There seems to be some type of routing issue between my ISP and the Project1999 servers. When I go around my ISP by using a MIFI to connect to P99 I have no trouble connecting or zoning... I just wish there was something I could do to correct the routing. I'm in MA... the server is in what NY?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Help [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Bill Tetley; 04-22-2014 at 02:39 PM..
Old 04-24-2014, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

9000 views 180+ replies. not a single dev/admin post. why is it whenever something is network related nobody EVER wants to take blame or try and troubleshoot. its always the other guys problem. le sigh
Old 04-24-2014, 11:57 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There's nothing we can do about packetloss problems with your ISP.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 04-24-2014, 12:00 PM
Planar Protector

so everyone that has this issue. all these people that can barely ever load into the game are just shit outta luck? this connection problem never existed for myself and many others until the server was moved to a new data center. what are we suppose to do? this is an issue between our isp and your server. I have no packet loss or connection trouble else where that I go on the internet. its directly related to your server only.
Old 04-28-2014, 09:01 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Game is pretty much unplayable for me once the population is over 1000...which seems to be more and more the norm

Can't log in, if I can then crash very frequently at zone...

Anything I can try or do?
Old 04-29-2014, 10:44 AM
Planar Protector

No. It's our fault we can't play on their server.
Old 05-01-2014, 03:09 AM
Kobold

Honestly, this is not an issue with ISP. If it was it would not be an issue with the multiple different ISPs cited in this string. I'm from Canada on Shaw. not many posters here are with my ISP and I have the exact same issue. I have played P99 since 2009 and NEVER had this issue till the last change.

I have played on P99 for the last 4 years on the same PC and ISP and have had load times of 5 seconds or less. I have never had any issues crashing or anything else that has been stated in this post. Since the last change I crash on 7 out of 10 zones and the game is basically unplayable. If it is considered "playable" it is not enjoyable.

While I do consider that this is a free server and you are not paid for your troubleshooting and work that you put in to this server; it would be nice that you at least consider that there could be an issue.

Only since the last change have I crashed on 7/10 zones (and NEVER crashed while playing in a single zone. stable at 100ms ping). I have deleted ini files and reloaded. Removed EQ and reinstalled fresh. Restores windows 8.0 to the date BEOFRE this started happening. Did a fresh install of Win 8.0 and reinstalled EQ. Did a fresh install of the upgraded Windows 8.1 the fresh install of EQ. Still same issue.

I installed EQ on a different computer and tethered my phones internet to it (which has been very reliable in the past on P99, before this issue started) and still same issue. Its not my ISP and its not my computer. Doesn't leave many options.

We CANNOT start to fix this issue till someone server side at least acknowledges that there is an issue.

Thank you very much for your time and effort on this server but PLEASE look in to this!
Last edited by corradojeff; 05-01-2014 at 03:12 AM..
Old 05-11-2014, 07:46 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I am having this problem too.

Hanging on account login
Hanging on server login
Hanging/disconnects on character login
Extremely long or disconnect on zoning
Sometimes I even get a message on the character select screen that my spell files are outdated (but I am up to date) preventing me from logging in, but on the next few attempts, this message is gone.

I have played every now and then for quite a while, but this is the first time with these problems. I agree, at this time, this server is nearly unplayable for me, which is unfortunate.

EDIT:

I should clarify, this seems to happen zoning in and out of EC a majority of the time. Maybe avoiding that zone will help with this issue for now.
Last edited by krran; 05-11-2014 at 10:22 PM.. Reason: Clarification and temporary workaround
Old 05-11-2014, 10:08 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by krran [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am having this problem too.

Hanging on account login
Hanging on server login
Hanging/disconnects on character login
Extremely long or disconnect on zoning
Sometimes I even get a message on the character select screen that my spell files are outdated (but I am up to date) preventing me from logging in, but on the next few attempts, this message is gone.

I have played every now and then for quite a while, but this is the first time with these problems. I agree, at this time, this server is nearly unplayable for me, which is unfortunate.
I am having these exact same issues. For me it just started today.
Old 05-17-2014, 11:49 PM
Kobold

I am having the same issue.

Long loading time, random lags and eventually black screen. Never had this problem before.