Old 04-20-2012, 09:48 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Default Red99 Changes/Improvements

Moving this over to discuss some ideas thrown at me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartbrand
Global OOC / YT/ 200% EXP Bonus / Removal of Hybrid Penalty or @ least removal of penalties on groups / no exp loss on pvp death / no mana on pvp death / no binding in raid zones / fix resist system especially MR / Sol Ro Temple

boom pop will job 300%
Global OOC going in with next patch (Level 10+), No @ YT, There's already an XP Bonus, will discuss hybrid penalty, will see about fixing mana on pvp death, I like the no binding in FFA zones - will ask nilbog his opinion, resist system is null, and we have more content being released on patch too.

no exp loss on pvp death: You guys can discuss that. It is currently serving multiple purposes of providing atleast something to deter people from bind rushing / kamikazing against odds, as well as giving people a reason to continue EXP Groups at 50. Toss out opinions though.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 04-20-2012, 09:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
no exp loss on pvp death: You guys can discuss that. It is currently serving multiple purposes of providing atleast something to deter people from bind rushing / kamikazing against odds, as well as giving people a reason to continue EXP Groups at 50. Toss out opinions though.
Make people spawn with no mana on pvp death. I personally dont care about pvp exp death.

I would like to try city binding for awhile. Would change a lot of things!

Global ooc could be interesting. Gotta be monitored and have a no troll policy!
Last edited by Nizzarr; 04-20-2012 at 10:00 AM..
Old 04-20-2012, 10:01 AM
Planar Protector

I have HATED the exp loss on pvp death mechanic. I don't like knowing that pking someone leveling up is going to push them back down. It sucks for me too because the majority of the week I am working an only have a couple of hours to spend playing the game if that and if I get pked my play time really only puts me back at 0. I'd much rather see people respawn with no mana/75% health something of that nature. MAybe a compromise where the exp pen on death only kicks in at 46+?
Last edited by mostbitter; 04-20-2012 at 10:02 AM.. Reason: brain kept workin
Old 04-20-2012, 10:03 AM
Fire Giant

I like the small loss on pvp death, its very tiny and unless you re an idiot carrying tons of pp on you its the only punishment for dying, there should continue to be some encouragement to stay alive.

Im no fan of globalooc, but wtf, lets try it out, it might be ok.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:04 AM
Planar Protector

the current xp bonus in place is still ridiculous especially with the population. there is no mid level anything going on...

good moves on the global ooc... 60 people talking to each won't mean much when 48 of them are 1 guild.

i'd really consider the XP.... we're here to PvP , not grind mobs with groups that don't exist.

incoming harry... yes we suck at mindlessly slaying npcs for horrendous XP... we know. we pras you... you're the best PvPer who has never made it passed level 10, thx come again.

$vilePostCount++;
Old 04-20-2012, 10:07 AM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Truth Send a message via AIM to Truth Send a message via MSN to Truth Send a message via Yahoo to Truth

next patch sounds p good
Old 04-20-2012, 10:10 AM
Orc

I'd be happy with some sort of xp boost. I like the system set up now with lower % bonus the higher you get. But; If you only have 1 char on this server maybe we could buff the % (still let it drop as you lvl) this way new people can jump into the mix with the rest of the pop faster. That would give incentive to new players.

I think a shared bank (between your chars) might be nice.Then the guys who do have alts that they want to gear up can play with new players as well.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vile [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the current xp bonus in place is still ridiculous especially with the population. there is no mid level anything going on...

good moves on the global ooc... 60 people talking to each won't mean much when 48 of them are 1 guild.

i'd really consider the XP.... we're here to PvP , not grind mobs with groups that don't exist.

incoming harry... yes we suck at mindlessly slaying npcs for horrendous XP... we know. we pras you... you're the best PvPer who has never made it passed level 10, thx come again.

$vilePostCount++;
Counter-troll.

I'm here to PVE and kill my competition. If I wanted mindless pvp, id play on a QvF server. or a 3 zone server.

I guess I'd like to remind you that this is Everquest we're playing. Exp is more than fine as it is, if not too quick already.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:17 AM
Planar Protector

i'm level 33 this far into the server it's not good enough for casual proletariat like me
Old 04-20-2012, 10:20 AM
Planar Protector

From what i've gathered from Rogeans first post there are 2 very important changes in here:

Global OOC
No binding in FFA (Raid) zones

These 2 changes will change the server for the better.

The resist revamp should be nice to, null spoke to me about it and it looked better then previously (root will be easier to resist with higher mr then currently.)

Good work guys
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Closed Thread