Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 11:41 PM
Kobold

Default Bone Crafted Key - AKA Paineel Elevator Key

The guards are handing these out like candy to anyone and everyone who asks. This is bugged.

Your supposed to require Amiable faction. ONLY heretics start off at Amiable.

Quote:
2003-10-14 You must normally be amiable or better to get the key. I just recently came up with a way to get one with a much lower faction (scowling would work, in truth); you can read how I did it here.
Quote:
ok...

As a level 70 Orge SK I needed some faction for my epic. I killed in the warrens for an hour got it to dubious (I leveled up in the zone)...

Then I zoned into Erudian and killed every green sential I could find, once. When I came back to Paniell I was Kindly!

got my key..w00
t
Quote:
My 36 troll shaman of CT made kindly faction today. Last night I killed Sentinels in Erudin for about 2 hours and then killed in the warrens for about 2 hours. Today I went back and killed a few more guards, and that made approximately 24 to 26 total guard kills. Too many kobolds to count but not a terrible ordeal. The sentinels give MUCH better faction but if you care about your faction in Erudin I would not advise taking that route. Was amiable after that 6 or so hours of work. Hailed one of the guards in the newbie zone and said "I need a key." and he gave me a key. Found Royal Guard Lilkus on the upper floor of Darkglow Palace at location pos 1308, pos 683 and handed in 41 kobold molars to take me to kindly. The Darkglow Palace is in the area that the third teleporter takes you to...it took me a while to find. Time to do my initiate symbol of cazic-thule =D Hope this helps everyone.
Quote:
Me(52 human necro) and friend(54 war) decided to get some faction to get in this town well, i was KOS (especially to that ******* of dude close to N00B zone up the stairs he like to fear me and do all kind of stuff so one day i doted him for 5 K and see if he liked it ! LOLOL anyhow other story.

To get ya faction up just go in Erudite and kill guards down there. Took us an hour and i'm amiable now .... so make sure you INVIS up (DO NOT ATTACK the two that are in TOX ... con blue to 52 and quad for 250 .... YES 250 !!!!

Just go in Erudite and kill ONLY guards, not merchant or others. This way the high lvl dudes wont come.

Worked for me ! (Then again Erudin all hated me ANYHOW so .... i chose Paineel over Erudin) hehehe
Quote:
Found the Hole key in Supperior Supplies, top floor, on Ralla Hapera, NPC merchant.

Cost to me was 126pp with only 75 cha

Hope this helps anyone who needs the key

BTW you need to be Amiable to the guards to get the key to Paineel, from the Skeleton guards in the newbie area: Guard Menbuknar

tell them: "I need a key" after hailing them
Quote:
You'll start as Glares Threateningly. Kill Kobolds for almost 3 days (each session being 7 to 8 hours) to get to Apprehensive. While you kill Kobolds loot the molars off them when they drop. You'll need someone with a key to let you in to turn in the Kobold Molars to Royal Guard Lilkus in the palace. I turned in 18 Molars which got me to a high Indifferent faction. If you have 22 to 25 Molars it may take you to Amiable (I killed Kobolds for another half hour an got to Amiable). To USE the Key which can be gotten from the Skellie guards in the newbie area... put the key on your cursor, face the key rock and hit the "U" key on your keyboard. I recommend you carry at least 2 stacks of food and water, 3 would be better, before starting this as you will have NO place to sell to nearby.
Quote:
Doing much hunting in Stonebrunt, I wanted access to the city as it provides a much closer bank than Erudin. After days of trying to raise faction with the noobie area guards, someone suggested a certain Warrens quest. I did it (3 times) and had my key in one night. Go to the Warrens jail area and kill the Jailor (don't remember his specific name but Jailor is in the name and he is just between the pit fighters and the hallway swimming in rats). He drops up to three keys - give them to an Erudite imprisoned in one of the cells (he asks you for a key following a hail). You get xp from this quest but no visible faction modifiers - however, without killing anything more in Warrens I saw my faction rise to amiable from apprehensive in an hour). I have my city key now, wishing I had done this ages ago.
Quote:
Edit: and additional thing of note. I found that the skeles would not give me the key at indifferent I had to get to amiable before the would give me a key into the city. Not so hard to do tho took me about 4hrs killing in warrens to get to indiffe from threateningly and then got someone else to let me into city so i could hand in kobold molar and get faction to amiable. indiff to amiable 58 kobold molars.
Sources

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/zone.html?zstrat=69
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=24566
Last edited by Emoqq; 08-28-2010 at 03:04 AM..
Old 09-02-2010, 03:17 AM
Project Manager

Fixed, pending update.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:09 PM
Banned

get your keys now!!! =P
Old 01-11-2011, 08:28 AM
Large Bat

Just started to play again (after a 6 years off) and is wondering...do I need to be Amiable as a Erudite Necro to get the key. The guards won't give it to me and I can't go anywhere. Don't know if this is a bug or not...thanks for any reply.
Last edited by roddsteele; 01-11-2011 at 08:38 AM..
Old 01-25-2011, 03:30 PM
Skeleton

You have to speak in his language. No need for amiable faction when you born there.

"I needz keyz"

(found this on the first allakhazam link posted above)

2000-2004:
SolRo/Ay'Ro: Hilde || Fatalist || Mordro
Closed Thread