Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2019, 07:14 AM
Planar Protector

Default A Green Story...

So I logged on, on Friday night and made my character at 4:03pm. When I logged on, there were over 150 players in Nektulos Woods. I was aware that there is no way that there will be a single MOB available, as EQ was not made to have that many people in one zone, so I ran to East Commonlands.

After seeing that the lower level MOBs in EC were already camped, I ran into West Freeport....same thing.....East Freeport.....same thing.....I ran into NRO. I finally saw a decaying skeleton standing there, so I casted Lifetap on it. I receive a whisper informing me that everyone is struggling to get experience and to not be a jerk. I argued with the gentleman a bit and told him that I checked and no one was around that MOB so I took it. We agreed to disagree.

Not a good start, I thought to myself. I found a decaying skeleton spawn and sat there on it. I started thinking to myself that maybe I did KS that player, as the dynamic of the zone was odd with each player "owning" a single spawn point. I told myself that it is time to apologize cause it seems that I messed up, when I get a whisper from the guy that says that he is sorry for being a d**k about the skeleton.

I told him that I was sorry because I think I did indeed KS him, and that I didn't understand the "rules" of this launch. We are now friends in game. It took me three and a half hours to get to level 3......three and a half hours. After I dinged level 3, I ran back home to Neriak to pick up some level 1 spells. I see someone asking for help trying to find their corpse in Nektulos. I asked him if he needed help, and I casted Locate Corpse and found his corpse for him.

I ran back into EC and sat on a fire beetle spawn for a bit and logged off for the night. I logged back on Saturday morning and there were only 1,500 players on.

That was me being sarcastic. 1,500 is way too many players for one EQ server.

But I survived. After a bit another player was looking for help finding their corpse. I offered to help and casted locate corpse and found his corpse for him. I found a large spider spawn, sat on it, and sold some spider silks. I bought a silk robe and was pimping it up. I logged off for the evening.

On Sunday I went into WC and sat on a spawn there for a bit. Yet another player was asking for help finding his corpse in Kithicor. I offered to help and found his corpse with locate corpse.

I had no idea that level 1 spell would be so helpful!

Yesterday I ran into NRO and camped a spawn there for about 12 hours straight. I cannot believe the time that can disappear when you play this game! I forgot how much of a time sink it can be. Anyway, there were a few squabbles, but for the most part, I am not experiencing the kill stealing or the riff raff that is being reported in other zones.

I am now level 11, two bubbles in. Can't wait to log on tonight! The only downside is the ridiculous amount of people on this server. Why anyone voted against the server split is beyond me.

But again, I would like to thank the Project 1999 team for allowing me to experience this pure bliss again.
Old 10-29-2019, 07:31 AM
Sarnak

Hi you,

I am from the future. Something like early January 2020. There are a hundred players in all mid-dungeons. Many people are experiencing content for the first time in 20 years of on-and-off EQ. It's the golden age. The downside is that the newbie zones have pretty much cleared up, because only a few boxers are dedicated enough to level alts. Don't re-roll.

Back to destroying my 5th guise.

Sincerely,
Neck Bearderson
Old 10-29-2019, 07:47 AM
Planar Protector

No one knows what the future holds, this is a condition to our experience here.
Old 10-29-2019, 07:49 AM
Aviak

You made lvl 11. better than most by far
Old 10-29-2019, 07:55 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Dookie says out of character "geezus it's dark and spooky"

Frodo says out of character "I was running from a zambie and a griffin killed me!"

Zyrn say out of character "Team Griff!

Dookie says out of character "lol"

Twochain says out of character "I just got killed by the griffin again!"

Zyrn says out of character "Griff is Server Hero!"

Smegma auctions "WTS stack of bone chips 1pp!"

Abortedfetus shouts "EQ SUX WOW IZ BETTER"

Hepatitis shouts "then go back"

Mathnerd shouts "But the ratio of mobs to levels with the formula of time multiplied by my calculations say WoW is better"

Theclap shouts "STFU"

Twochain says out of character "Griffin killed me again!"

Dookie says out character "lol"

Zyrn says out of character "Excellent!"
Last edited by Mblake81; 10-29-2019 at 08:01 AM..
Old 10-29-2019, 08:04 AM
Planar Protector

The griffin duo in EC killed so many people, the one even got me once. The guy Zyrn was cracking me up, by saying "Team griff" in OOC everytime the griffins killed someone.
Old 10-29-2019, 12:49 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dookie says out of character "geezus it's dark and spooky"

Frodo says out of character "I was running from a zambie and a griffin killed me!"

Zyrn say out of character "Team Griff!"

Dookie says out of character "lol"

Twochain says out of character "I just got killed by the griffin again!"

Zyrn says out of character "Griff is Server Hero!"

Smegma auctions "WTS stack of bone chips 1pp!"

Abortedfetus shouts "EQ SUX WOW IZ BETTER"

Hepatitis shouts "then go back"

Mathnerd shouts "But the ratio of mobs to levels with the formula of time multiplied by my calculations say WoW is better"

Theclap shouts "STFU"

Twochain says out of character "Griffin killed me again!"

Dookie says out character "lol"

Zyrn says out of character "Excellent!"
Dookie, Smegma, Hepatitis, Abortedfetus, Theclap ... Is this all in the same group maybe?
Last edited by Immok; 10-29-2019 at 12:52 PM.. Reason: color hurts eyes
Old 10-29-2019, 01:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dookie, Smegma, Hepatitis, Abortedfetus, Theclap ... Is this all in the same group maybe?
Only if you include Mathnerd with his summoned pet calculator.
Old 10-29-2019, 08:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1,500 is way too many players for one EQ server.
Speaking of agreeing to disagree. Lol. 1500 is barely enough.

An EQ server shouldn't have zones like unrest, MM, karnors, oasis, overthere, etc with 15-25 people leveling and zones like najena, sola, kerra isle, nurga totally empty. 1500+ is nuts when 90% of those people are packed into a dozen zones, but that'll change quickly. Level ranges widen so that more zones are in use at once, people reroll or start making alts, the initial surge dies down, etc. Green after less than 4 days has level ranges from 1 to 30+; about 1/3 are 1-5 still, about 1/3 are 6-10, and about 1/3 are 11+. By the 1-week mark, things will have settled down significantly. There are a half dozen or more zones to level in at any given level, and once the population is spread across only 12-15 levels (let alone 25+ later), even at peak you won't see zones with 100 people in them unless they're big dummies who purposely go to places like MM even when they saw it overcrowded the night before.

If green didn't even have 1500 for launch, it'd have been a very not-classic feel by the end of the year, with everyone just huddling together in the handful of "standard leveling zones" like they do on blue.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 10-29-2019 at 08:16 AM..
Old 10-29-2019, 08:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Speaking of agreeing to disagree. Lol. 1500 is barely enough.

An EQ server shouldn't have zones like unrest, MM, karnors, oasis, overthere, etc with 15-25 people leveling and zones like najena, sola, kerra isle, nurga totally empty. 1500+ is nuts when 90% of those people are packed into a dozen zones, but that'll change quickly. Level ranges widen so that more zones are in use at once, people reroll or start making alts, the initial surge dies down, etc.

If green didn't even have 1500 for launch, it'd have been a very not-classic feel by the end of the year, with everyone just huddling together in the handful of "standard leveling zones" like they do on blue.
1,500 is okay when players are spread out. It is not okay when they are in the same five zones. I don't want to turn this into a whining about the population thread please! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]