Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2014, 05:15 AM
Banned

Default How does Platlord still operate.

Been around this server 4 years now and keeps coming back each time after he's "banned" GMs know who he is and where he gets his items from. Just curious how this guy has been around this long.
Old 05-25-2014, 06:07 AM
Planar Protector

gj name dropping him.
Old 05-25-2014, 06:40 AM
Fire Giant

Platlord = GMs
Old 05-25-2014, 07:20 AM
Planar Protector

Would be a good way to catch most of the RMT'rs. Run the RMT show yourself.
Old 05-25-2014, 09:50 AM
Planar Protector

Underground cash shop guys.

Tanrin,Rinat,Sprucewaynee
Old 05-25-2014, 11:03 AM
Banned

I may be proving my ignorance with this post, but do people really think the staff is Platlord, or am I just an easy troll on this subject?

It also seems like everyone in the community "knows" who he/she/it/they is/are, while this whole time Platlord has remained a complete and total mystery to me and everyone I've spoken to.

Again, is everyone else just pretending to know, or am I simply uninformed?

I'm not sure why, but this whole concept intrigues me and posts like these never seem to actually go anywhere.

The people demand answers! And Scorpion Sandwiches. Answers and Scorpion Sandwiches, please. Hold the mayo and the BS.
Old 05-25-2014, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

At the end of the day, I imagine he's just a trader who uses RL cash to start the business back up if he loses too much holdings. EC shows if you can buy low and sell high for a few months you can make some mad stacks.
Old 05-25-2014, 11:08 AM
Banned

I have you on ignore Jaybone but since this is an honest question I'll answer to the best of my ability.

Platlord isn't a character he doesn't play on this server like we do it's a business since it's free to make a character and run him to EC in like 5 minutes on a new account with a proxy it's impossible to "Ban" him. Platlord has thousands of accounts that hold platinum so when they catch someone RMTing and they trace it back to him they can only get a few of his mule accounts. He is apparently very careful and uses proxys when ever he logs in so you can't trace his IP to other accounts.

Also, he's a GM Red Player Rogean Uthgaard Amelinda Sirken IB TMO BDA Hobby Derubael Ambrotos Bush knocked down the towers.
Old 05-25-2014, 11:09 AM
Planar Protector

First time I heard of Platlord was when Rogean name dropped him years back. I thought that was a bit odd that you'd see one of the creators of the server do that if there was such an anti-RMT stance... but ultimately that doesn't mean shit and proves nothing. It's probably just a coincidence.

Nobody will ever really know, just don't be corrupted into RMT'ing because you want to pay for a twink, or for levels in Chardok. Enjoy the classic experience the classic way.

I see it happen on Hearthstone and feel bad for people who felt they couldn't compete... and while I get pwned by people with all gold card decks, I know deep down its because they sucked, didn't have the cards required to put a pre built internet list deck etc etc.

Keep it classy, and keep it classic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-25-2014, 11:36 AM
Retired Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First time I heard of Platlord was when Rogean name dropped him years back. I thought that was a bit odd that you'd see one of the creators of the server do that if there was such an anti-RMT stance... but ultimately that doesn't mean shit and proves nothing. It's probably just a coincidence.
I don't think coincidence is the right word. He is a long time nemesis. It's a constant battle and the GM's keep up the good fight. There are other names Rogean mentions from time to time that are thorns in his side for different reasons. I don't want to mention them here, but you probably know if you pay attention "As P99 Turns".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nobody will ever really know
I know [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] These guys are awesome. They aren't perfect, but they are very good at what they do.

On a final note, YOU can know too. All you have to do is apply here: https://www.project1999.com/forums/f...splay.php?f=33
Closed Thread