Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 10:17 AM
Banned

no offense but women just cant take the pressure being hardcore, if they do its very slim odds, it usually ends up with whining or /q'ing from rage, cant take criticism as well
Old 03-16-2014, 10:18 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't play female characters because females have cuties.
circle circle, dot dot--now you have a cootie shot.
Old 03-16-2014, 10:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolix [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think that it is acceptable that the first reply to a post on female experiences in EQ refers to women as whores.
Racism and homophobia aren't acceptable, so why is misogyny? If we casually refer to women as whores, even as a joke, then we create an atmosphere of low-level sexism and intimidation which leads to the mistreatment of women.
Have a look at the everyday sexism project
http://www.everydaysexism.com/
which gives 1000s of examples of, well, everyday sexism.

On the main point, as a male, no-one ever flirts with me online, probably because i'm double ugly (ugly on the inside, ugly on the outside). Playing a female toon in another game, someone was being pretty friendly and asked me how old i was. I replied "old and male" and he felt a little sheepish after that.

I have to say that I play to level up, have fun, get fat loots, but not really to chat with members of the opposite sex. And if people ask me RL questions that I'm not comfortable with, like the other posters suggest, I just answer as my toon "i'm a troll, i come from grobb"
Don't like racism homophobia or sexism? Don't go to red99. Don't reply to the red99 folk and you'll be a lot happier. Trying to use psychology and philosophy on those who only want to destroy and tear down, and then trying to apply that philosophy and psychology to the general male populace is laughable.

Also, if you're gonna do that RP crap, gotta go hard with it like Brut. I'm pretty sure he's an ogre from like, denmark or something now no lie.
Old 03-16-2014, 10:57 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Who the heck cares...nobody knows your gender, race, religion, or sexual preferences unless you tell them. So zip it and play the dang game.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:04 AM
Planar Protector

Had a friend in high school that used to pretend to be a girl to get free stuff from guys, I didn't realize it was going on but I was always amazed that every time he went for a camp he came out with the item he wanted.

The best part was when someone asked me if I knew him. I responded, unaware of his ruse, "yeah he's my friend IRL we have known each other since we were little kids". His response was "Wait....HE?!" Well...it all unraveled and hell broke loose...many LOLs and ROFLs were had.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:13 AM
Planar Protector

The wife's been participating in online gaming since about 1998. She's played everything from shooters to role-playing games. I can't recollect her ever having a great deal of undue problems due to her being a gal. The only peculiar attention we've received on P1999 was directed at both of us (more so at me), not at her specifically.

She and I have different opinions as to why that's the case given the horror stories we read. She believes it's because she's visibly in a relationship, therefore taken, hence the flirty sort of guys devote their attention elsewhere. My own opinion amounts to her not receiving much unwanted attention because she simply acts like an ordinary player. Ultimately most players care more about winning than about who's on the other side of the computer screen.

Danth
Old 03-16-2014, 11:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The wife's been participating in online gaming since about 1998. She's played everything from shooters to role-playing games. I can't recollect her ever having a great deal of undue problems due to her being a gal. The only peculiar attention we've received on P1999 was directed at both of us (more so at me), not at her specifically.

She and I have different opinions as to why that's the case given the horror stories we read. She believes it's because she's visibly in a relationship, therefore taken, hence the flirty sort of guys devote their attention elsewhere. My own opinion amounts to her not receiving much unwanted attention because she simply acts like an ordinary player. Ultimately most players care more about winning than about who's on the other side of the computer screen.

Danth
Danth Lara Andain 2014. Let's bring the magic back to P99. Reinstate global ooc pls :3
Old 03-16-2014, 11:26 AM
Aviak

My longtime G/F built and ran the largest guild on the Anetheron server on WoW for a few years. She knew her shit and was good at WoW.

I tried to get her to play EQ. She just can't get into it.

Her strengths lie in her communication abilities. Making friends, recruiting guildmates, logging on all the time, and helping people get what they wanted or get better at the game. She was good at playing her WoW toons and would often score the highest points in PVP battles. But she's 5 years younger than me. So she doesn't have that same feeling for EQ that I have. When I was 16 and amazed at being able to play a 3D D&D style game, she was still a kid and didn't even know what D&D was. It's a generational gap, the tabletop RPGs and classic NES SNES etc RPGs were mine and alot of others who play p99's generation. The ones who came after us skipped all of that. And now if the graffix aren't wow level or better they won't mess with it for the most part.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cuties are a good thing to be/have.

Cooties? Not so much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never ask if someone is a girl IRL cause i don't really care, im not on eq to have elf cyber. Lets duo this evening though cecily, if u know what i mean bby.
^This.

And I've never been asked my IRL gender in a game, and tend to play female characters a lot.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Kids love Cuties because Cuties are made for kids.
Closed Thread