Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 04:21 AM
Planar Protector

Necros make better use of these than monks hands down. Free soulwell lifetap. Its invaluable.
Old 05-26-2017, 05:24 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Necros make better use of these than monks hands down. Free soulwell lifetap. Its invaluable.
I agree ! My birthday is soon Detoxx go buy one beads for me please [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Former TMO / Aftermath - Retired from Blue
Deathproof Tete`de`Mort 60 Necro.
Jemora 60 Rog.
Sinitrose C`la`Crise 60 Sham.
Sheana Kanbake 60 War.
Yapas D`Lezard 60 Monk
Patate Creme`Fraiche 60 Wiz.
Gnolife Le'Roi'Soleil 60 Mag.
Bisou Frenchkiss 57 Clr.
Old 05-26-2017, 05:56 AM
Fire Giant

Have beads on Rogue. Worth 140k to proc Avatar on before raid.
Scrubs.
Old 05-26-2017, 07:54 AM
Planar Protector

I approve of this thread, not because Beads are useless... they are highly valuable. I approve because Holgresh Elder Beads make EverQuest easy mode. Monks become so dependent on these they don't even want to face pull singles anymore.

Originally Eye of Zomm was nerfed in Kedge to prevent exploits (would warp to Phinny's room, and agro Phinny, and Phinny would warp to zone solo). Funny how this was seen as too easy so nerfed, yet monks pulling mobs all day solo without getting beat on is seen as just fine and dandy (pulling is one of the main mechanics in grouping and raiding, sad to see it exploited like this).

I found this post on monkly business:
http://monklybusiness43508.yuku.com/...m#.WSgSQevytpg

Found it hilarious they mention it sells for 1.5-2k in the tunnel (since people at the time weren't aware of the utility it brought monks), but monks fully expected a nerf to be made to make these wearable to equip.

If I had my way, when custom content rolls around, I wish they would make Eye of Zomm non-agro. Just make it for its original (I believe) intended purpose: A scouting tool.

We play EQ to re-live the glory days of a harder MMO that wasn't easy mode. To date, there are 7 main things in my mind that stick out that make P99 too easy for players and prevent that original 'EQ' experience:

1) Holgresh Elder Beads - explanation above, make non-agro please
2) Insta-Click agro items - Tanking shouldn't be dump a mallet / everyone engage / watch netflix
3) Recharging Items - would endorse this as custom content if there was a deadicated recharge quest for certain items, but not as it currently stands (Sally McVendor who sells muffins shouldn't have the magical knowledge to add charges to my Root Nets)
4) Fungi Tunic - Classic, but far too powerful on a server locked in our era. Shouldn't be BiS from a camp in Seb
5) Training mobs to entrance - Should implement call of the zero on boss mobs (maybe a 10-15sec summon delay to allow a mob to be pulled to a nearby area, but not to the zone). VP should be re-done too to not allow training all around (may need to adjust trash mob difficulty / respawn rates to compensate)
6) Soulfires / Reaper of the Dead - make Paladin / SK only, too much meta revolving around these in the raid scene
7) Wort Pots - again too much meta around these, heard they nerfed during later era to make a charge give you a buff that couldn't be clicked off, so couldn't use another charge until it wore off. Sounds much better.

#MakeP99GreatAgain
Old 05-26-2017, 08:20 AM
Banned

1) the thread is about the price of elder beads not how useful they are (although I contend there is very little a monk does with them that can not be do without)

2) Eye of Zomm is available to many classes and on other items than Elder Beads

3) I still think this item is the biggest waste of money on P99 by a LARGE AND SUBSTANTIAL MARGIN
Old 05-26-2017, 08:28 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This item has 0 value to anyone but monks - Don't give me any sh!t about Necromancers needing this.

6) Do not tell me you hammer off the eye - no one hammers off the eye - if you are hammering off the eye you are full retard. "But Im stuck in the middle of some zone because I DC'd or some other weird and unlikely bull sh!t happened". USE YOUR GD WC CAP THEN YOU POS.

You are just ignorant for writing this stuff dude.

Detoxx should takes few minutes to explain you stuff

Jemora 60 Rog.
Sheana Kanbake 60 War.
Yapas D`Lezard 60 Monk
Bisou Frenchkiss 57 Clr.
Old 05-26-2017, 08:31 AM
Banned

I have never once found myself in a situation where I need to hammer of an Eye of Zomm and I have had them on my monk since a couple of weeks into Velious
Old 05-26-2017, 08:40 AM
Banned

Roses are red.
violets are blue.
elder beads have many uses.
none of which you do.
Old 05-26-2017, 08:40 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have never once found myself in a situation where I need to hammer of an Eye of Zomm and I have had them on my monk since a couple of weeks into Velious
Did you ever go to VP ? did you ever see a Necro with VP staff ? when you will think about it, (Maybe) you will understand how beads are ubah for necro and for others class as well.

Jemora 60 Rog.
Sheana Kanbake 60 War.
Yapas D`Lezard 60 Monk
Bisou Frenchkiss 57 Clr.
Old 05-26-2017, 08:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Again - the lack of being able to do this with a pet up basically reduces this tactic to raid wipes. If I can just tap an Eye at will while charming that's one thing, but you can't... And I would not say its invaluable, I would put a price on it - that price being 2pp for a probe charge.
Closed Thread