Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 04:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatelore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Confidence + Humor = success. Master that, and you will be okay.
this is mostly true, especially in first encounters. obviously if you're looking for something more long term than a one night stand, other things are going to enter into the equation.

and, looks are always a factor. if you're absolutely hideous you are going to have a harder time.

pickup lines are overrated.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:31 PM
Aviak

By the way, just quoting a Founder, and also most of the quotes used were never said or written by them doesn't mean jack shit. You must understand the context of the era.

When it comes to gun control going back to the Founders is a waste of time. Their era is not this era. The situation is totally different. They didn't want gun control beyond keeping firearms out of the hands of the incompetent. In short, they used common sense. When common sense is brought up today the gun dealers of America go apeshit and get their political action front the NRA in gear screaming about the rights of the people which are in no fucking way being threatened.

This is all about making money for gun dealers and not giving a rat's ass for the people of this country.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:41 PM
Skeleton

and where did you study colonial history?
Old 01-13-2013, 01:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humerox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I don't disagree that there aren't more factors. All of which need to be addressed. But an assault-style weapon easily purchased at Wal-Mart makes a future Newtown killer's job so much easier, don't you agree?
I keep seeing people harp on this "assault style" shit....

A high powered, bolt action hunting rifle has the SAME deadly potential as any "assault style" rifle purchased at Walmart.

Are you shooting one person in a small room?

People exiting a public transportation unit?

Are you targeting helpless children, or physically capable adults?

How far away are you?

What cover is available to potential victims?

What is your skill level with a firearm?

There are SO many factors to take into consideration when think about what COULD happen....

Guy with PISTOLS runs into an elementary school full of small CHILDREN and WOMEN....
What the fuck do you think the outcome is going to be?

Same fucking loser could have walked into ANY other place and got knocked the fuck out before having a chance to fire off for than a couple of shots, "assault style" weapon or not.

All of this is very situational.

Anyway, all of this focused, repetitive imagery of "assault style" weapons makes me feel uncomfortable. I feel like its being used as a scare tactic, and too many people are just eating it up.

"Okay, we make them THINK this, so they agree to let us do this. And THEN, from there, we'll go after THIS next, until....."

Until YOU'VE all willingly become these other fish in some other barrel.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vadd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I keep seeing people harp on this "assault style" shit....

A high powered, bolt action hunting rifle has the SAME deadly potential as any "assault style" rifle purchased at Walmart.

Are you shooting one person in a small room?

People exiting a public transportation unit?

Are you targeting helpless children, or physically capable adults?

How far away are you?

What cover is available to potential victims?

What is your skill level with a firearm?

There are SO many factors to take into consideration when think about what COULD happen....

Guy with PISTOLS runs into an elementary school full of small CHILDREN and WOMEN....
What the fuck do you think the outcome is going to be?

Same fucking loser could have walked into ANY other place and got knocked the fuck out before having a chance to fire off for than a couple of shots, "assault style" weapon or not.

All of this is very situational.

Anyway, all of this focused, repetitive imagery of "assault style" weapons makes me feel uncomfortable. I feel like its being used as a scare tactic, and too many people are just eating it up.

"Okay, we make them THINK this, so they agree to let us do this. And THEN, from there, we'll go after THIS next, until....."

Until YOU'VE all willingly become these other fish in some other barrel.
This seems a little too aggressive and hostile. It also comes off as you just throwing the female in the middle of a conversation and then bombarding her with questions. Idk, I will give this pick up line a shot, but I am fairly certain that I will get the cops called on me.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:13 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

the founders were prophets of god who scribed jesus' will on hemp

GOD BLESS THE BILL OF RIGHTS and you communist fucks can go to north korea if u want gun control
Old 01-13-2013, 02:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot1776 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the founders were prophets of god who scribed jesus' will on hemp

GOD BLESS THE BILL OF RIGHTS and you communist fucks can go to north korea if u want gun control
Sunday has officially become "funday."
Old 01-13-2013, 02:36 PM
Banned

Military vs patriot1776:

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DprFYMvWXLo?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DprFYMvWXLo?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Old 01-13-2013, 02:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Military vs patriot1776:

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DprFYMvWXLo?hl=en_US&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DprFYMvWXLo?hl=en_US&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
His name shall live on forever, as a true hero and American!
Old 01-13-2013, 04:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OforOppression [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gonna have dojii and cast talk to your girlfriend again, how will she react when she finds out you relapsed??
Closed Thread