Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 10:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasis01 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People talked about Kringe like he was good, and he always acts kinda big time - never really knew why 3.0 TDT kinda dominated, red99 early as his necro was meh, barely active I jousted him on LOZ and it was mediocore.

Then he managed to unite the clans and lead 50 man armies up nihilum's ass and whooped me in CT - def entered pro status in my eyes after that shit.
slurrrrrrppp it up. keep the doors open in case the tides ever turn is the way it is eh?

fucking loot vacuum of cellulite
Old 07-17-2013, 11:02 AM
Planar Protector

The real issue here is the ability to stop the hacking..

Naez claims to have his own fix, but he's to blame IMO for Crucify being lost forever. Well you could blame me for not backing everything up... but yea. This server could easily be created in a matter of hours but after hosting a few servers myself, it isn't fun when your custom box has hackers running lose when you don't have all day to monitor it...
Old 07-17-2013, 11:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotKringe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe one day tho someone will step up and want to kill themself..
Old 07-17-2013, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotKringe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm just a huge proponent of team man... If we aren't helping our lower level guys while constantly pressuring Nihilum's high end groups there is no morale... I tried to instill a "Guild Factor", if you will, into everyone where anyone online would know that if you corpse camped so and so with 3-4 toons anyone online would drop everything on a whim and we would come to your aid, then apply pressure in return to the opposition... Unfortunately there were just too many people (from what I had to choose from) that were to involved in themselves to see the bigger picture (would rather farm their 10th and 11th Fungis etc than to come help lock down/drive out the important zones we needed to apply pressure too)... That drove my ambition to lead right out the door.....

Maybe one day tho someone will step up and get those guys together..

Anywho thanks for the honorable mention, carry on with the discord topic!
Pretty much my experience since day 1 here
Old 07-17-2013, 11:44 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by runlvlzero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't blame the zerg for the 1-50 game. Which is what turns most people away on this server. EMU player mentality everyone has a druid on their account and trades plvls for all other characters. Thats what wrecks the server.

I am currently leveling a druid. I repeatedly say to my groups... Don't know if I have what it takes to play the classes I want to play solo on the box.

Attempting to make friends that I can coerce into playing with me on my schedule. EQ is a really bad solo game. Yet thats what the fast EXP and multiple accounts and characters per account leads too. If there was a way to force people to play only one character, and there was no work arounds. We'd see a different level spread. People would have to earn 60, not be friends with a douchebag or roll a mage and farm seafuries for plvl.

Also I would like to add because of the top heavy popluation both zerg and non-zerg we are quickly getting to the point where new players see everyone who is a melee 1-40 with a fungi and go wtf... Though fungi wielding melees are not to blame they usually group and shit helpin the new players. But it is a demoralizing factor of joining an old box.

Population plain and simple. A lot of new commers would like beta to end so they could play on a box with non-broken resists and vanilla legacy content.

**** anyway ignoring that big wall of text the simple direct:

The way people earn 60 is through metagame and thats all they want is 60, their missing out on 1-60 and the struggle to gear up a new toon. I consider that less fun and less of an acheivement then rolling an "easy character" and twinking. Part of that is zerg mentality, and part of it is everyone trying to catch up to them. But its not the Zergs fault, were all OOR to the zerg before level 52.

So roll some fresh toons folks if your mad about it.
Every single problem anyone mentions could be solved with a wipe. Instant 300+ pop, groups, lots of PVP.

The only people who don't want it are Nihilum fully geared, raid schedule intact and undisturbed.

I have heard all of your arguments and they have no merit. Wipe is the only way.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

How would a wipe without fundamental fixes change anything? Now you'll grief nihilum off and instead of nihilum solo farming raid content it will be force or azrael doing it. Wipes won't fix shit, I know I for one would never roll here again if it was wiped especially with EQNext on the horizon and my growing immersion in league.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:48 AM
Banned

as the person with the most to lose, i fully support a wipe
Old 07-17-2013, 11:50 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How would a wipe without fundamental fixes change anything? Now you'll grief nihilum off and instead of nihilum solo farming raid content it will be force or azrael doing it. Wipes won't fix shit, I know I for one would never roll here again if it was wiped especially with EQNext on the horizon and my growing immersion in league.
Because the "fundamental problems" are not bolt LOS and resist issues. The fundamental problems are a tiny population, top heavy population, lack of any legitimate pvp or competition, empty zones and gear disparity, etc etc etc.

Like I said, wipe the server, restart the cycle, all the sudden you have tons of people having fun playing EQ PVP. The hardship to those in the minority with lots of time invested and gear is outweighed by actually having a functional server.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:56 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
I'm just a huge proponent of team man... I tried to instill a "Guild Factor", if you will, into everyone where anyone online would know that if you corpse camped so and so with 3-4 toons anyone online would drop everything on a whim and we would come to your aid, then apply pressure in return to the opposition...
^^^ Totally dig what you're saying.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrobbGangsta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because the "fundamental problems" are not bolt LOS and resist issues. The fundamental problems are a tiny population, top heavy population, lack of any legitimate pvp or competition, empty zones and gear disparity, etc etc etc.

Like I said, wipe the server, restart the cycle, all the sudden you have tons of people having fun playing EQ PVP. The hardship to those in the minority with lots of time invested and gear is outweighed by actually having a functional server.
I don't get it. How exactly would wiping the server lead to "all the sudden you have tons of people having fun playing EQ PVP?" If anything you just discouraged the "the minority with lots of time invested and gear" from coming back, resulting in an even lower server population! I mean, do you really think there are 200-300+ people just sitting around wanting to play on 99red if it wasn't for those damn high end players in one guild in particular?