Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 08:45 AM
Sarnak

Take my words on it,

Monk / Mage (Chaining Earth pets)

These two can pretty much get to anything in the game duo as is CoH just makes is so so so much more easier.

-Also for anyone saying necros are better DPS.. I know ya luv em man but it ain't true... Necro pets die in just a few hits to large mobs while mages can just chain pet and use the monk to single pull and hold agro during re-pets.
Necros also can't put anywhere near as much damage out per second as a mage not ever in the whole game.
Granted you can stick a necro out in the open and kill stuff easy or take down some stuff with half decent HP buts thats about it... Shammy ehhhhhh aside from the heals theres nothing to great about the shammy DPS.

Cleric / mage is another good combo but the monk / mage is by far the best duo.
Last edited by Vyal; 05-31-2010 at 08:53 AM..
Old 05-31-2010, 08:50 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

chanter/wizzy as long as mobs are stunnable
Old 05-31-2010, 08:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoolie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so Skope you are compareing a mage to a rogue/monk in a raid setting compared to what the topic was about DUOING. Mage and shammy are redick together. duel pets, slow, rods, torpor blah blah etc... but on this server the way charm is crazy OP. i would go 2 necros...druid/chanter.
No, the raid setting was just thrown in.

I just see a mage differently than most. They're a fantastic solo class that has an uncanny ability to take down 4-5 blue mobs at a time and wasting very little mana to do so. This skill is heavily dependent on the mob's health and their damage output, but still is quite incredible. They also can take down some very nasty things that have incredibly high amounts of HP using the same tactic (think allizewsaur). But their utility shows itself only in a raid setting or grouped. A mage/shaman is fine, but there's still issues with that combo that you won't see with a rogue or monk, the latter in particular. You'd be better off with a mage/cleric. They can do surprisingly well together.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:23 AM
Sarnak

Seein as this thread its about THEE best duo, is a mage / monk again and this holds true and even more so during Kunark.
I didn't really explain why - Monk single pulls, mage kills (chain pet style) So no wasted mana with focus items - - no need for heals (so no need for a cleric) mage can summon bandies for monk if needs be.

Cleric is ok if you have no monk, but honestly ide take a necro any day over the cleric - necros can single pull using their weak ass pet - send pet in nuke one mob off pet then the pet should just about die in a few seconds FD mage peels it away.

The shammy really plays no part in any of this it's just not that great in a duo situation, and a rouge is just going to die left and right.
Last edited by Vyal; 05-31-2010 at 10:46 AM.. Reason: Took em to school?
Old 05-31-2010, 10:35 AM
Planar Protector

Necros are hella utility. Mez, pet, heal, FD, Rez etc. Sure they don't have the best of these, but altogether it works.

I enchant things...
Old 05-31-2010, 12:42 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Monk/Shaman. Get an Anklesmasher for the monk and you can even duo in dungeons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The shammy really plays no part in any of this it's just not that great in a duo situation, and a rouge is just going to die left and right.
You're obviously new to the game so Ill be nice.

And everyone talking about stuns, just get that out of your head right now. Anything 56+ is unstunnable other than mez.
Last edited by Phallax; 05-31-2010 at 01:00 PM..
Old 05-31-2010, 01:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwaukee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mage + Shaman and SK + Shaman are both excellent. You pretty much always want a shaman because of their versatility and mages are excellent DPS and a tank (the pet) at the same time, plus a damage shield and all sort of summoned utility items. Mage + Shaman offers great dps, slow, efficient heals, buffs, and CC (root or pet offtanking).

I /veto the cleric combos because Clerics are too one dimensional. Outside of root and lull, they don't offer much beyond their core features.
mage/cleric is in fact the best...especialy for highlvl summoning mobs

mage/shm or shk/shm wont work due to the lack of complete heal....works for grinding exp but certainly not for farming highend stuff
Old 05-31-2010, 01:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
mage/cleric is in fact the best...especialy for highlvl summoning mobs

mage/shm or shk/shm wont work due to the lack of complete heal....works for grinding exp but certainly not for farming highend stuff
Again another in-experienced kunark/velious player. Obviously most people here thats posting about "summoning" has never seen how shaman work. We tank the mob with slow and torpor. Its highly effective. While Im soloing or duoing Lodizal, Sebilis named and the dragons in WWastes and outside NToV(other than Sont) You can tell me how bad shamans suck against farming highend.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:38 PM
Kobold

Eh, from experience, Shaman and Cleric can both get the job done. While yes, Shaman are very lacking without Complete Heal, some of the Heals they get in Kunark make up for it when combined with Slow. I would imagine if we took the current state of the server and paired classes up, Clerics would naturally come out miles ahead of Shaman for mobs like that.

In the seven years I played my cleric on live, I often duo'd with a mage, so I will say that Mitic has a point on how well they work together. But even so, I'd say about 75% of the time playing my other classes (As far as duoing goes) I'd rather have a Shaman with me. For the farming of high end stuff Mitic, the Shaman would naturally have Torpor, along with Chloroblast is more then enough to make up for complete heal so long as the mob is slowable. And if it's not slowable, chances are it's of a ranking that even your Mage/Cleric combo wouldn't be duoing to farm.

And if you're going to be spending most of your time with just the two of you (IE, the TC and his Girlfriend) Shaman also bring SoW etc. Cleric does not.
Closed Thread