Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 11:51 AM
Aviak

Great news, thanks for the update.
Old 04-30-2015, 01:00 PM
Sarnak

Thumbs up Awesome

And there was much rejoicing.

Talking with my friends in the past; I mentioned how great it would be if the VC who bought SOE would reach out and work with the P1999 folks. So happy to hear this; bravo to the P1999 team for their hard work and accomplishments.

Though I've spent very little time on P1999 over the years, I sleep better at night knowing it's out there. The only true EQ experience for those of us who practically lived in Norrath near the turn of the millennium.

Bravo.
Old 04-30-2015, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grobb 1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So people should pay a fee because poopsockers have multiple accounts for free -rolls eyes- forgot this was the interwebs, carry on genius
No we should pay a monthly fee to show support for this fucking free game you have been playing.
Old 04-30-2015, 01:24 PM
Sarnak

Although I am very disappointed that I will not see Velious for 3 more months, it is very cool Daybreak has recognized P99 and its Dev's for all that they have done for EQ and the experience.

I look forward to possibly more Beta testing with my guild, as I continue to work toward level 60.
Old 04-30-2015, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Conspiracy Theory: I bet p99 had to agree not to create a progression server that would reset every 3 years or so.
oh shit
Old 04-30-2015, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

Very cool. Grats P99!
Old 04-30-2015, 05:43 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This also means that we do not currently have any plans to distribute a full version of the client.
This is disappointing for me. I've had an account for ages, but could never get a copy of titanium to be able to play (I don't trust downloading it from that Arrrrgh site.) Getting the client more accessible (download either here or from the DBG site) would go a long way to getting people like me into the game.
Old 04-30-2015, 06:36 PM
Aviak

Wow that's awesome, congrats to everyone who has been working on this fantastic eq server for the past....5yrs I believe. Hope to be around for another 5...or 10 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-30-2015, 10:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolrog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is disappointing for me. I've had an account for ages, but could never get a copy of titanium to be able to play (I don't trust downloading it from that Arrrrgh site.) Getting the client more accessible (download either here or from the DBG site) would go a long way to getting people like me into the game.
Pretty irrational fear. But that is your choice.
Old 04-30-2015, 11:01 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolrog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am sure if you have made any contacts while playing eq, someone has a copy you could borrow. I have 3 copies sitting on my shelf. 2 copies 2001 trilogy. Platinum, evolution, darn near every hard copy release since 2001.

Ask around. Nerds are everywhere.

H