Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 08:58 PM
Large Rat

Question XP and Plat grinding 16+

Looking for tips on good spots to grind out plat and experience at low level.

I've been trying to camp the Nybright sisters as this guide suggests but its usually taken.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Old 05-25-2014, 06:05 AM
Planar Protector

The best advice is usually to fast track your way to the 50s (XP camps only) and then think about making a plat mountain afterwards. If you're looking to gear as you level or are leveling very casually, then maybe think about money camps.

A few that spring to mind (for a ranger) at 16:-

Nektulos Forest guards (drop bronze weapons) - the bridge ones are best but be aware some higher level ones spawn.

Upper Guk - some gem drops in there off the frogs, has been getting busy in there lately though I hear.

Do people buy CB belts/pads? Not terrible to be killing legionnaires at 16.
Old 05-25-2014, 06:42 AM
Sarnak

Bandits for bronze and sashes. Wisps for greater lightstone quest. This stuff will be green mostly but that just makes them quicker to give up the loot. It will at least pay for leveling expenses and the turn ins provide some exp.
Old 05-25-2014, 07:48 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The best advice is usually to fast track your way to the 50s (XP camps only) and then think about making a plat mountain afterwards. If you're looking to gear as you level or are leveling very casually, then maybe think about money camps.

A few that spring to mind (for a ranger) at 16:-

Nektulos Forest guards (drop bronze weapons) - the bridge ones are best but be aware some higher level ones spawn.

Upper Guk - some gem drops in there off the frogs, has been getting busy in there lately though I hear.

Do people buy CB belts/pads? Not terrible to be killing legionnaires at 16.

Yes. Prices are around 2 or 3p for belts, 5 for pads . Varies quite a lot tho
Old 05-25-2014, 08:34 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkMasterson1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bandits for bronze and sashes. Wisps for greater lightstone quest. This stuff will be green mostly but that just makes them quicker to give up the loot. It will at least pay for leveling expenses and the turn ins provide some exp.
This can be great. Erud's Crossing seems to be rarely camped, and is loaded with wisps. I believe you'll find some exp there also. Greater Lightstones can be vendored 10p a piece iirc, but I've seen players buy them for 20p+ each. Some of these players will buy all of your greater lightstones. I'm unsure as to why. Maybe one of the several quests involving them, and exp.

When I got started it was the lfay bandit sisters, or chain questing Steins of Moggok with my enchanter. I had several thousand pp in no time to gear up.
Old 05-25-2014, 02:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Swish is 110% right. Sound advice.
Old 05-25-2014, 09:17 PM
Planar Protector

You'll make the majority of your plat 50+, yes, but that doesn't mean you should just mindlessly blow through all those levels and race to 50+ for the loot grind. You'll probably burn yourself out. Also, you'll want better than banded before you hit 50.

Solo:
-----
Aviak Guards in Lake Rathe 19-24, drop bronze weapons. Vendors in zone. Bind in Arena.

Gargoyles in OOT 20-25, drop eyes, sometimes by the pair. They stack and vendor for 180pp a stack. Vendors in zone.

Hermit in SK 20-25, drops fine steel. Vendors in zone.

Mammoths in Everfrost 25-32. Drop tusks, vendor for 10pp each. They're giant, but there is a vendor in zone.

Gnolls in SK 30-35, Drop Fine Steel. Vendors in zone.

Hill Giants/Sand Giants 40-45, drop straight plat, fine steel and gems.

Dwarf/Ogre Guards 45-50, drop fine steel.

Grouping:
---------
Runnyeye 20-30, drop bronze, fine steel, black iron, vendor and bank in zone for the sneaky.

Sol A 25-35, Various ores that vendor from 5-80 plat, fine steel, some decent gear.

Droga 35-45? (been a while, don't remember the levels for exp there), fine steel, some good drops if you're lucky enough to get the camps, goblin forged armor which vendors for good plat, though it's heavy.

35-45 Lower Guk, Gear, fine steel, etc.

40-50 Sol B, Gear, fine steel, etc.

Spend some time looking at the wiki, there's a few things that sells for several thousand plat that drops off low level mobs. Even just camping one and selling it will give you enough plat to sufficiently gear yourself enough to make the grind to 50+ significantly easier. Fishbone Earring, Glowing Black Stone, Goblin Ghazugi Ring, Hidden Bracer are tough to camp, but not out of reach for a mid level character.
Old 05-25-2014, 10:10 PM
Planar Protector

Hunt in highpass and save all of the orc scalps you find, these sell for 10pp each.

Once you're high enough level, head over to highkeep for exp and collect all of the left goblin ears you can find. The ears are a bit less common than the scalps but they sell for 30-35pp each. However, you could also just save those items and turn them in for a little bonus exp too.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 05-26-2014, 09:58 AM
Planar Protector

24+ or so you can head to SoL A for xp, the ore that drops there ranges from 25pp-50pp, it's heavy but there's a merchant at the druid rings outside sol A
Old 05-26-2014, 10:38 AM
Planar Protector

Either MAKE a Druid and port, PL, or like Swish said, just level like hell and hope you are a LOT luckier than I am on rolls, or just enjoy grouping. Because I have NEVER asked anyone what kind of gear they have to invite them in a group.

Being damn skilled at the position you play, puller, healer, tank etc., is a hell of a lot more important than what gear they have.

I know there are a ton of threads on here that ask what is the best class to make. Hell the ONE you need to make is one you think you might be pretty damn good at. I am too old now to make split second decisions that is needed to play, say, a Enchanter now. But I can play my Cleric pretty well yet, or port on my Druid yet lol. Although I have had a few brain farts lately about "oh boy" we were not suppose to go here. Oops, wrong spell. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But the BIG thing to remember is "IT'S JUST A GAME". Big deal. Enjoy the ride and the people you meet on here and in game. IF it's not fun you are sort of wasting your time and life. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread