Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 02:44 AM
Orc

The only question that comes to mind is..
You guys are wanting VP, because its stagnant at the top, yet, once its released, it'll go back to the way it currently is after awhile and we are back at this same spot about the next big release

So, with this mentality, what exactly are you going to do when the server stops at Velious?
Old 10-10-2011, 03:17 AM
Sarnak

Devs can fill in the massive void of content throughout norrath and turn P99 into a "if sony/verant gave a shit about the players" server..where the game is progressively improved rather than degenerated with each expansion.

So they can add meaningful future content or just fun insignificant content to fill in the big lack of quests in the old world and stuff.

But we have a lot of time before we cross that bridge.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:36 AM
Sarnak

One solution would be to just wipe the server clean and start back at square one.

Finish beta testing PvP mechanics, then announce a release date for P99 Blue/Red servers both going live simultaneously and advertise across all mmo communities to build hype. Consider the last 2 years as just a long drawn out beta.

This would:
-Allow the servers to progress on an accurate timeline because the first 2 years of content are already developed and tested
-Allow both servers to progress through the timeline at the same rate
-Allow the devs adequate time to work on epics and velious without outcry from the community about when it will be finished
-Help to spread the population between the servers so that both are able to sustain a healthy population
-Allow the server to have a more accurate economy without all the duped plat and items now that the necessary counter-measures are in place

Some of the most basic mechanics have taken the entire duration of classic to get tuned properly (FD, melee damage, charm duration, resist checks just to name a few). The intent of the project was to provide a classic server that played as closely to the original EQ as possible with content being released on a timeline accurate to how it was back on live. If the server were to restart it would be able deliver just that.

On the flip side, obviously you would have a lot of the player-base upset about losing their characters and feeling like the last 2 years have been a waste... but lets face it, that time was spent playing EQ so it has already been a waste. Its not like any payment was taken for services or any promise was made that protected characters.

You might lose some people do to rage quiting, but I think you would also gain a significant ammount of people drawn by the fact that it would be a clean start for everyone, and a lot of the people who have played here and quit would be back for stuff they missed the first time around like guise/manastone.

Just an idea... I know I for one would be pumped about losing my level 60 and multiple level 50+ characters and having to reroll with bronze and fine steel... but maybe i'm just crazy.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:48 AM
Sarnak

I wasn't going to respond, but, for crying out loud, Daliant. What would that solve? We'll all race back to 50 or 60 or whatever and continue the same circle of annoyance.

Want a solution? Let's ALL act like adults and share the bloody sandbox. There's your solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gratis View Post
Or you people could quit being children and stop treating minor issues as major infractions. There are tons of petitions coming in for reasons that can actually be resolved quickly and don't culminate in a message board brawl by a bunch of adults acting like brats.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:57 AM
Sarnak

It would solve my boredom... for a while anyway [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkorin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let's ALL act like adults and share the bloody sandbox. There's your solution.
This has about as much chance of happening as the idea I posted
Last edited by Daliant17447; 10-10-2011 at 06:01 AM..
Old 10-10-2011, 06:09 AM
Sarnak

Yeah, I know. Kinda sad, when you think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gratis View Post
Or you people could quit being children and stop treating minor issues as major infractions. There are tons of petitions coming in for reasons that can actually be resolved quickly and don't culminate in a message board brawl by a bunch of adults acting like brats.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:22 AM
Banned

+1 Daliant.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daliant17447 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just an idea... I know I for one would be pumped about losing my level 60 and multiple level 50+ characters and having to reroll with bronze and fine steel... but maybe i'm just crazy.
Yeah, I have 80+ days /played on my hybrid. How about those of you who want a server wipe go simulate that by deleting all your characters and start at level 1? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 10-10-2011, 08:39 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fists [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
+1 Daliant.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:45 AM
VIP / Contributor

I had talked to nilbog about the raiding clusterfuck. Showed him the treatise Jeremy wrote in the petition forum on why no one likes the poopsock clause in the rules, summarized the 3 hour long discussion between Zeelot and Kinsawt, explained why things are different now than at server launch, with the encounter logs, and he agreed. Once rogean got in on the conversation, he started arguing why they should stay, and nilbog's tune changed, despite all raiding guilds on p99 preferring FTE.
Raiding guilds shouldn't be forced to agree to some sort of rotation to get content released. The entire purpose of raiding is competition. It's like telling all of the baseball teams they've got to agree to take turns letting each other win because all the umpires that showed up to work quit due to the management.
A person can be reasonable, intelligent, or responsible. People cannot. People are a product of who is directly responsible for them. Even before I left, I acknowledged the raiding clusterfuck, but never once did I say, what do the players need to do differently. I said what we could have done to change the behavior of the players. The players will react predictably within a set of rules and under a given influence. No amount of hokey campfire singalongs with the guild leadership will change basic behaviorism.
Poor quality of guild competition is symptomatic for the staff, not the players. You can't individually coach a mob out of mob mentality and achieve tangible long term results.
Closed Thread