Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 03:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You really put wizard that high up on the list?
It's not so much that wizards are high, more that SK/dru/pal is low. While an individual druid is probably better than an individual wizard in more situations, I'm also weighing the fact that all guilds have pocket druids lying around and druids dont stack like wizards do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not even close.. SK at third worst? The hell?
Knights are comparatively bad. They bring no dps to the group, and their only advantage over a warrior, or even a geared monk, is agro management, which isn't even necessary or even all that valuable depending on group comp. Limited raid utility, limited solo ability, gear dependent, crack dependent, and by far the most abandoned classes 45+. Most frequently seen LFG in seb all day before logging off in despair because half the groups just have a monk tanking and are doing fine
Last edited by Lune; 05-21-2017 at 03:51 PM..
Old 05-21-2017, 03:59 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixtar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's debatable.
Fact: Bears eat beets.
Old 05-21-2017, 04:03 PM
Banned

i would put SK dead last
Old 05-21-2017, 05:24 PM
Banned

Shaman: solo what you want, never worry about heals. Gate is your friend.
Old 05-21-2017, 07:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Knights are comparatively bad. They bring no dps to the group, and their only advantage over a warrior, or even a geared monk, is agro management, which isn't even necessary or even all that valuable depending on group comp. Limited raid utility, limited solo ability, gear dependent, crack dependent, and by far the most abandoned classes 45+. Most frequently seen LFG in seb all day before logging off in despair because half the groups just have a monk tanking and are doing fine
Knights are perfectly suited for their intended purpose: tanking in pick-up groups. I've made this point several times before but it can't be stated enough: the average person who plays P99 is joining pick-up groups filled with random strangers of varying skill levels who leave the group every 30 minutes and get replaced by a new stranger. It's a roll of the dice if any of these people know how to manage their aggro correctly. Some are great, some are horrible.

I leveled a Paladin 1-60 mostly in PuGs, and having snap aggro is not only incredibly useful but almost necessary for making these kinds of groups run efficiently. Yeah, Monks can mitigate incoming damage way better than me but for group content that gets steamrolled anyway, mitigation doesn't always matter as much as being able to quickly and reliably generate aggro does.

Also, I would mention that monk tanking seb is going to be eating shitloads of ice comets that a paladin could effortlessly interrupt.
Old 05-22-2017, 12:14 AM
Kobold

Not the smart monks. They resist all spells 98% of the time completely. Don't even need to spend a ton to make that possible. People pulling should be able to resist spells. heh
Old 05-22-2017, 07:20 PM
Aviak

Can't resist gate or CH so knights ability to spell stop still stands.
Old 05-22-2017, 09:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Found another dps monk.
And proud of it
Old 05-22-2017, 09:58 PM
Sarnak

[QUOTE=KEWLGET;2526896]i would put SK dead

Sounds like you have no idea what you are talking about
Old 05-23-2017, 02:44 AM
Fire Giant

Of course warriors are the best extremely late game tanks, but for the other 98% of content hybrids are preferable. I always breathed a sigh of relief when a SK or Pally was the tank, leveling 2 chars to 60. Warrior Aggro is atrocious and the mob pummels the CC or Healer half to death before he gets it back.
Closed Thread