Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 07:38 PM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to Taslion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't often drink beer, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I still haven't found a beer I like more than a XX.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:48 PM
Sarnak

Una cervesa cosquena mas por favor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Allizia; 04-08-2010 at 07:50 PM..
Old 04-08-2010, 08:24 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

I really dislike beer but I would honestly like to change that. I am a big rum drinker. I love Captain Spiced, Appleton Jamaican, Captain White .. whatever, I like it all. I just can't drink beer, there is just something about it. So far I have determined I really dislike:

Budweiser
Alexander Keith's (Local NS Beer)

So someone give me some ideas to try.

Brother in law has suggested Stella Artois, any opinions?
Old 04-08-2010, 08:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really dislike beer but I would honestly like to change that. I am a big rum drinker. I love Captain Spiced, Appleton Jamaican, Captain White .. whatever, I like it all. I just can't drink beer, there is just something about it. So far I have determined I really dislike:

Budweiser

A lot of people are in the same boat as you.

I was trying to think of a beer that would be an easy transition from rum, but i don't really know a whole lot about the subject.

According to a friend of mine, there are a lot of rum-beer mixes out there. Maybe you could start with trying a mix, gradually doing less rum and more beer? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-08-2010, 08:43 PM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to Taslion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Budweiser

I didn't even like beer until about a month or two ago. I literally would get near to puking if I drank particular brands, so it was always a struggle to keep up with drinking games. For whatever reason I had one night of heavy drinking beer where afterwords I could just drink it. Like, literally, I can down pretty much any beer now.

Doesn't make much sense. The point is to keep at it. Force yourself at first. Don't miss opportunities to drink beer now just because you don't like it.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:33 PM
Sarnak

Sam Adams anytime...

Pilsner Urquell and Stella Artois in the summer time...

Bass Ale and Guiness in the winter (mmm, black & tans - and somehow, that always leads to Scotch!)
Old 04-08-2010, 09:34 PM
Kobold

Budweiser and Keith's is not a good stepping-off point so I can understand why you wouldn't like it. I quite enjoy Stella myself but I wouldn't recommend it to get into beer. I'd think you would want to try out some honey browns and red ales first. Sleeman's has a few decent ones and are pretty readily available. Try out some local/smaller breweries too.

This be my weapon of choice. Sweet sweet oak aged Innis & Gun.

Old 04-08-2010, 09:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

As far as beers that don't have that "beer" taste:

Stella is EXCELLENT. Light flavor, very crisp and with very little aftertaste.
Guinness is EXCELLENT. The steak of beers. Also, the coffee of beers. Some people love it, some people hate it. I recommend you try a pint of draft Guinness that has been treated with nitrous rather than carbon dioxide, but barring that the cans with the widget rather than the bottles with or without the widget are very similar to Guinness from a keg in Ireland.

Fruited Lambic Beers are great for a changeup. I'm not a fan of fruity beer, but Lambics are a special case, and if you don't like beer, you really might like Lambic.

I really like Arrogant Bastard Ale, but it takes the beer taste to a whole new level. Another great brown ale is Anchor Steam. These beers have very strong hops flavor, which I personally like. It might be that you will too. This type of beer has a VERY strong flavor, but it is NOT that "piss" flavor you get with budweiser or fosters. It's a totally different experience.

For medium quality "everyday" beers, Samuel Adams has a large selection of quality beers for a decent price.

You might like Malt Liquor actually. Old English "800" is a quality malt beverage (I know several of you are laughing right now), that has a rich smooth flavor, and if you drink it quickly, very little skunk/piss aftertaste.

In general, beer will take on the skunk flavor if you don't drink it quickly. It's best to finish a pint in 1-4 sips, so that this doesn't happen. I personally drink a pint of Guinness in one sip, goes down real smooth and puts an instant smile on your face.

..and of course Dos Equis. Mexican beers are their own special animal, and truly compliment Mexican food, especially if it's spicy. I recommend a dash of salt and a squeezed lime wedge in every bottle. Tecate and Corona are also decent quality Mexican beers.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:01 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Old 04-08-2010, 10:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My two current favorites~

What the fairy crap is this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But this I tried last christmas. it was fantastic!