Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 03:07 PM
Sarnak

Stop being passive aggressive spitty.
Old 03-25-2014, 03:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enxienty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah but this is monks decked out in ToV gear and what not , which is going to be very competitive loot since a lot of it is all/all
agree. lets not forget about primal weapons! drool
Old 03-25-2014, 04:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by drktmplr12 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
am i mistaken in stating that rogues really get no upgrade to ragebringer? i recall this being the case for some reason.

edit: upgrade for main hand i mean.
BIS Rogue mainhand: http://wiki.project1999.com/Mrylokar...r_of_Vengeance
+ Primal spear in offhand = good deeps
Old 03-25-2014, 04:45 PM
Planar Protector

Any fraps showing monks out dps'n me is all lies. Lies! Next you will tell me they get sneak too
Old 03-25-2014, 04:48 PM
Fire Giant

I don't recall if monks actually out DPS'd rogues back when but they had to be close with the weapons available to them...

Gharn's Rock of Smashing + Primal Velium Fist Wraps

or

Abashi's Rod of Disempowerment
Old 03-25-2014, 04:56 PM
Planar Protector

Monks are pretty decent tanks in Velious too. I remember hearing of monks tanking NToV...
Old 03-25-2014, 04:57 PM
Fire Giant

Rogues getting out DPS'd by monks is nothing new on P99. Early Kunark IBs monks routinely out DPS'd the rogues. The 2HB dmg bonus adjustment changed that a bit, but even now I don't think I'd have to go too far back to find a parse with Perun or Hoku on top. DPS isn't what makes monks OP in velious. Whether or not monks will be the gods they were on live will depend a lot on how defensive skills and AC are calculated. Monks avoidance and mitigation made them great in velious, but being able to break 1400 AC made them ridiculous.

But yea, not sure why you guys are comparing class DPS, because monks were always DPS powerhouses - what made them different in velious was their ability to tank.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:49 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well geared Monks could solo better than any class during velious...thats how OP they were.

I doubt it will be that extreme here but who knows.
Solo better how? Faster experience or killing big named mobs? I wasn't around for Velious (quit during kunark). I may have to keep playing my 48 monk if this is true.

I'm loving my enchanter, but I keep reading that they are gimped in Velious. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-25-2014, 06:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogues getting out DPS'd by monks is nothing new on P99. Early Kunark IBs monks routinely out DPS'd the rogues. The 2HB dmg bonus adjustment changed that a bit, but even now I don't think I'd have to go too far back to find a parse with Perun or Hoku on top. DPS isn't what makes monks OP in velious. Whether or not monks will be the gods they were on live will depend a lot on how defensive skills and AC are calculated. Monks avoidance and mitigation made them great in velious, but being able to break 1400 AC made them ridiculous.

But yea, not sure why you guys are comparing class DPS, because monks were always DPS powerhouses - what made them different in velious was their ability to tank.
Gaining triple attack in velious is pretty big. Rogues still out parse by a bit (maybe 15-20% margins) but if AC / skills are appropriate monk tanking is god tier once they have the gear :P
Old 03-25-2014, 06:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by drktmplr12 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
am i mistaken in stating that rogues really get no upgrade to ragebringer? i recall this being the case for some reason.

edit: upgrade for main hand i mean.
http://wiki.project1999.com/Mrylokar...r_of_Vengeance

http://wiki.project1999.com/Massive_Heartwood_Thorn
Closed Thread