Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 03:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peekae [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PVP adds fun to any game IMO. I would honestly give red a shot if I wasn't already invested in blue
Agreed. I made a druid to play around a bit yesterday and was pretty fun.

Skarry 60 Assassin | Kumack 60 Oracle | Gyrgol 60 Oracle | Eregion 54 Illusionist
Old 07-26-2013, 04:01 PM
Planar Protector

Tasslehof obviously got griefed off luclin era rallos zek based on his comments.

No level 10 twinks anywhere on red99. They are around 25 or so and only in Unrest.

I think global OOC should be removed because about 4 people constantly post ridiculous stuff driving away bluebies like Tasslehof that we need to increase population and fun.

EQ is a perfect PVP game where skill an preparations are number 1 and working together with friends is emphasized to the maximum. It also solves contested EXP and loot camp issues and overall gives purpose to the game. Why gear up to fight monsters you can already kill easily in a PVE server?

I agree about "fighting people you have no chance of beating" I think item loot is an important balancing factor. It gives a group of noobs incentives to fight a twink PK essentially like he is a raid boss. If you are persistent and clever you can kill a twink and score an ikky regen BP at very low level. It makes low level PVP worth doing for noobs, and risky for twinks.

Level 60's don't like it because they want to raid in full gear and not worry about losing their trak BP's but I think that population is least important to the health of the server, while level 1-50 is extremely important.

Anyways, while red99 isn't perfect, and its execution was shameful and I would do almost anything to give it a wipe and a fresh start, as it is, it is a great server with a lot more to do than blue. Avoiding griefers is easy on 160 player server. If more pop comes I think we will need item loot. Noobs have no loot worth caring about, and twinks will have to be more careful in their griefing.

At the very least, there is more room at the high end of the game than there is on blue, and more to do when you aren't busy min/maxing
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 07-26-2013, 04:36 PM
Sarnak

So if Nihilum is on red and is the majority of the server.... isn't that essentially blue? 99% of the time? Why not just join blue already? I'd play with you guys.

lvl 37 Troll Shaman OF JUSTICE
Old 07-26-2013, 04:53 PM
Orc

If anyone from Blue does come over and needs a hand getting started send Mittens a tell. I will help you get started with a little pp and some buffs/ports/spells.
PvPing for spawns and lvling in a more dangerous world adds a lot to the game. Try it out for a few days and you might like it.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:00 PM
Fire Giant

To the fcking dump with this thread already. OP is clearly trolling/pissed at Nihilum and trolling us blues in the process.
Originally -
Reiguy of Fennin Ro
Tyvix Rex of Sullon Zek.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:04 PM
Sarnak

It seems to me like anyone from Nihilum who would tryo to recruit a blubie with the promise of pvp over pve (COUGH heartbrand COUGH) is a fucking hypocritical liar. Nihilum is the zerg guild of red, they only pvp in mass numbers IF they leave vp. This is just my opinion from scouting out the red servers, but it seems like red nihilum is just a place to be if you want a less crowded endgame. Joining otherwise is like shooting yourself in the foot.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:10 PM
Kobold

I do believe I will try my hand on p99-Red tonight! =)
Old 07-26-2013, 08:19 PM
Banned

This thread def a troll thread =/ But red is still fun. Its why I'm patiently waiting for servers to come back alive.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:19 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Agatha

Hi, Agatha from red99 here. Please do not come to our server. Thanks !
Old 07-26-2013, 08:22 PM
Banned

yall come on down, Nihilum is giving out free fungi tunics to all newbs
Closed Thread