Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 02:16 PM
Planar Protector

Still clean bro. Not our fault shits broke.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEROSUM [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOLOL Kringe was claiming clean whistle up and down too
? where did I claim shit other than not hacking...

Keep my name outta your mouth faggot.

Have Rogean show you the logs of the other 4 Nihilum Naggy kills prior...

Dont think they will surface.
Quote:
Originally Posted by inimegalg View Post
kringe always come up big.. thanks bro

wish we were guilded together n pvping but i think selena/keto carrying over some shit that happened in WoW and black listed me from holocaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb9 View Post
you are a prized screenshot my friend, you arent the type to just sit around afk and let it happen'
Old 01-12-2012, 02:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess since I posted the Nihilum Naggy, it's only fair I post the Holocaust one. Unfortunately there is no log for the Nagafen that we were there to watch as the mob was reset.

There is this one from a week prior, which is very similar in numbers to the one we saw:

http://www.project1999.org/p99/?Log&Srv=5&Enc=5139970
We've admitted to doing it, but thanks for evidence proving us right in making that statement.

Can you clear the record of this issue with posting (minus guildchat / ooc, I'm not asking for spying into that) the logs of the kill where Naggy died and casted breaths and fears on the fight? We've been trolled constantly with claims of legitimacy despite obvious proof after the fact that they've exploited all of their kills up until the most recent one.

Or, don't even post them. Just state you've read them, the dragons in question used their abilities properly on the kill and that's the end of it. I completely trust you on this, it's just been very quiet and I'm having a very hard time believing this can be stamped as a fully reviewed let alone fair situation.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:27 PM
Banned

There should be no difference between pulling it over and over until it bugs and killing it and bugging it directly on a pull. The only difference is time invested used to screen the issue at hand (a bugged raid mob kill) and promote bull shit.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:30 PM
Sarnak

What are we even talking about? The loot should have been deleted and the mob properly fixed at a later date. Going on a suspension/banning spree is not the answer especially on a low pop server to begin with. There is a lot of ego checking that needs to take place, starting with the top. Holocaust understands what they did was wrong, exploiting a mob is wrong. However it was done a few times before by both guilds. We did it the first time with no one saying anything,(The Nillies knew what we were doing too, didn't see them bitching problems with the loot we got).

Why wasn't this taken care of the day or the second after the first exploited kill? Are we being made an example of? The logic is flawed, maybe at the same time bans should be going around for everyone using the temple of sol ro as a port to nek forest, or maybe everyone that recharges, etc.

I think that this should be something we learn from as a community, and not come to such harsh justices with. No one deserves to be banned from a community for doing something everyone else has done, and will continue to do as long as emus are being run.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:44 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We've admitted to doing it, but thanks for evidence proving us right in making that statement.

Can you clear the record of this issue with posting (minus guildchat / ooc, I'm not asking for spying into that) the logs of the kill where Naggy died and casted breaths and fears on the fight? We've been trolled constantly with claims of legitimacy despite obvious proof after the fact that they've exploited all of their kills up until the most recent one.

Or, don't even post them. Just state you've read them, the dragons in question used their abilities properly on the kill and that's the end of it. I completely trust you on this, it's just been very quiet and I'm having a very hard time believing this can be stamped as a fully reviewed let alone fair situation.
Server "Logs" work differently than you think. The logs you see as a client (in your log file) are completely different types of information than what the server sees. When you see "Lord Nagafen begins to cast a spell" the server sees.. lets see.. something like this:

Code:
struct BeginCast_Struct { // len = 8
/*000*/	int16	caster_id;
/*002*/	int16	spell_id;
/*004*/	int32	cast_time;		// in miliseconds
};
The client then interprets that into the line of text that you see.

The reason I'm saying this is that the server does not ever put data into text format like the clients do, thus can not possibly write it's own logfile based on what clients see.

What we do have "Logs" for are data reorganized into a different structure, shipped off to a logging service, and written to a database. Example of the Encounter Database:

Encounter Header Information
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Encounter Entity Details
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The frontend to display that information takes it and uses SQL table joins to display the proper names for the ID numbers.

Long story short.. We don't have logs of mobs casting spells, doing damage, or ANY logs of any type of chat unless it is seen by our own clients.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 01-12-2012, 02:45 PM
Sarnak

My only complaint is Rogean and how he went about his punishment. For not addressing such issues in public, you do a broadcast to the entire server.... LOL

For punishing only those present, you disband an entire guild of uninvolved parties. LOL

Still have yet to hear of any staff / officer communication. For matters discussed privately. LOL

Still wondering why such conversations did not take place or were not initiated by the staff prior to power flexing. LOL

You do realize even no holocaust memers agree why u did wasn't right. You also realize people that hate everything about us an probably wishes us dead irl, also agree hat you did wasn't right. You do realize even you VIP contributors to your project agree what you did wasn't right.

Just satin.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:49 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melveny [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You do realize even you VIP contributors to your project agree what you did wasn't right.

Just satin.
Lol....

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 01-12-2012, 02:51 PM
Sarnak

Excuse type errors, iPhone is less forgiving.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:52 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEROSUM [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
vz/tz had a wiretaps table... everything from chat to trades was logged
Trades are logged.

Chat is not, and will continue to not be logged. Logging private chats is invasion of privacy and is different from server to server, it is a morality decision of the server operators. Our server does not contain that capability.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Closed Thread