Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 12:33 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelonpai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never played GoD, I stopped at PoP. I would mostly like to see Archery Mastery, Endless Quiver, Slay Undead and elemental bows and crafted arrows ^^
Same [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-05-2017, 01:36 AM
Aviak

We want luclin goddamnit! Also PoP!
Old 01-05-2017, 02:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonmoer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We want luclin goddamnit! Also PoP!
Huzzah
Old 01-05-2017, 03:17 AM
Planar Protector

Imo, the charm of Everquest was that they always put out a massive amount of "good enough" content in the form of expansions every 6-12 months.

Stick to any expansion for much longer than that and you start to wonder why you're spending all week collecting bear asses for a 10 hp upgrade.

If you were forced to stop on an expansion, I'd think PoP w/ LDoN (top content instanced!) would be the best expansion to stop on.
Old 01-05-2017, 03:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imo, the charm of Everquest was that they always put out a massive amount of "good enough" content in the form of expansions every 6-12 months.

Stick to any expansion for much longer than that and you start to wonder why you're spending all week collecting bear asses for a 10 hp upgrade.

If you were forced to stop on an expansion, I'd think PoP w/ LDoN (top content instanced!) would be the best expansion to stop on.
I'd agree, LDON had potential they just needed to up the rewards which were mostly garbage... for that it seemed like LoY in terms of not being a full expansion
Old 01-05-2017, 03:58 AM
Planar Protector

I really enjoyed LoY, it had that dark creepiness of original EQ. The art also avoided being muddy and overly detailed, which is a problem I have with many expansions.

LDoN was fun unlocking the story lines, Augs were a cool idea for filling out gaps in your equipment. It was interesting to see the alternative currency system implemented for the first time. I remember putting a bounce aug on my Truncheon of Doom, which would reflect spells attempted on me.

This brings me to a big hang up with modern EQ:

For every new expansion, they released a new interface for monitoring instances, a new currency, etc. I can only imagine how bloated that stuff is now with the GoD, Ldon, task, interfaces and however many additional currencies there now are! I feel they weren't very forward looking in how they implemented their innovations, meaning they had to be re-innovated from scratch with new expansions instead of just editing the first iteration of that innovation.
Last edited by Jimjam; 01-05-2017 at 04:00 AM..
Old 01-05-2017, 05:36 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really enjoyed LoY, it had that dark creepiness of original EQ. The art also avoided being muddy and overly detailed, which is a problem I have with many expansions.

LDoN was fun unlocking the story lines, Augs were a cool idea for filling out gaps in your equipment. It was interesting to see the alternative currency system implemented for the first time. I remember putting a bounce aug on my Truncheon of Doom, which would reflect spells attempted on me.

This brings me to a big hang up with modern EQ:

For every new expansion, they released a new interface for monitoring instances, a new currency, etc. I can only imagine how bloated that stuff is now with the GoD, Ldon, task, interfaces and however many additional currencies there now are! I feel they weren't very forward looking in how they implemented their innovations, meaning they had to be re-innovated from scratch with new expansions instead of just editing the first iteration of that innovation.
Loy was awesome. For sure.

The UI isn't too bad these days - its all organized into different tabs and windows.

The bloated part is all the abilities. My monk has like 45 ability buttons, not even counting the hidden ones I got bound to keyboard.
Old 01-05-2017, 08:01 AM
Planar Protector

I hear y'all, just speaking for me : Stop after PoP. Sure, there was some good stuff that came after but it's really the point where the game started transforming into the overpowered, gear raining shitfest that it quickly became.
Old 01-05-2017, 09:52 AM
Fire Giant

Try P2002? Using the titanium client now..raid scence isn't overbloating toxicity spewing from the bowels of a tapeworm infested camel..

Allows 3 boxing, but so does P99 honestly..and going to Lucling/PoP ...cats and giant snake aliens..F yeah
Old 01-05-2017, 09:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Try P2002?

Allows 3 boxing, but so does P99 honestly...
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread