Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 10:18 PM
Skeleton

Default DAOC (Uthgard)

Anyone play? Thinking about restarting
Old 10-26-2012, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

If I get bored with GW2 maybe, but I doubt it. I can't play classes I want to play/have content I want to have. So I might just resub to live instead.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:15 PM
Banned

its also EU and GMs are assholes
Old 10-26-2012, 02:39 PM
Kobold

^ Obviously got caught ackin

I've never had 1 problem with GMs on this server and I'm not exactly the least controversial MMO player in the world. Unless you're using hacks or going around calling people racial slurs you'll probably never even communicate with a GM.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiker000 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^ Obviously got caught ackin

I've never had 1 problem with GMs on this server and I'm not exactly the least controversial MMO player in the world. Unless you're using hacks or going around calling people racial slurs you'll probably never even communicate with a GM.
Trrrruuuuuueeeeee story.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:27 AM
Planar Protector

It's def tempting to give it a go, but without a decent crew (atleast 4+) starting off together, it can get dull quick. There aren't that many MMOs that give the same level of satisfaction from PvP as DAoC, that's for sure.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Old 11-13-2012, 09:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrooge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's def tempting to give it a go, but without a decent crew (atleast 4+) starting off together, it can get dull quick. There aren't that many MMOs that give the same level of satisfaction from PvP as DAoC, that's for sure.
Yep yepp!
I'd play with ya, but I only like Midgard really, and tbh I rarely play due to playing other games and such~
Old 11-13-2012, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

someone find me a video of mass pvp and ill try it. by mass pvp i mean 30v30 at least.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

PvP in DAoC (and especially on Uthgard's semi-classic setting) can be very addictive when done with the right people, and very lousy if done with the wrong ones, I speak from much experience. That last run I did earlier this year, all the P99ers who started as a group, didn't even last through the first pvp zone (lvl 30-35). I ended up having to make a guild with friends I already knew from Uthgard already, it eventually grew into a full 8-man guild with all the right classes/players we picked up along the way (by seeing how they carry themselves in pvp.)

Having the 'right classes' alone in this game won't get you very far, that's why its necessary to have a solid foundation before you start building further on top of it. If say a full group (8-man) has 5 noobs and 3 pros, it can still win over a group of 5 pros and 3 noobs, teamwork is everything, but sadly not everyone truly understands what that means.

Samwise: you can find plenty on you-tube if you search for 'uthgard daoc.'
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Last edited by Scrooge; 11-13-2012 at 04:58 PM..
Old 11-13-2012, 05:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrooge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That last run I did earlier this year, all the P99ers who started as a group, didn't even last through the first pvp zone (lvl 30-35). I ended up having to make a guild with friends I already knew from Uthgard already
Your version of history is amazing.

How about the honest version, where several P99ers were still playing with you up until you threw a complete drama fit and left everyone to start your own guild?

A drama fit you threw, because people were sick of you AFKing for hours at a time in the middle of PvP fights.