Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 11:04 AM
Kobold

Default Mistakes were made, now we must learn from them.

I screwed up. I rolled my first character as a tank. I'm a level 55 Shadow knight, and have come to the realization that it is nearly impossible to make any appreciable amount of money soloing. I don't have a haste item, and my DPS is so abysmal that I can barely kill a level 40 mob without medding for 20 minutes. I have tried fear kiting and this increases my kill rate from 1/hour to 2/hour. To compound this, I'm nearly worthless in a duo for cash camps because my DPS is so poor, any other class replaces me better.

I will add that I play on red, so my options for camps are a little different(different values, more open camps) than blue. I used to camp Shiny Brass Idols when I was 40, which sell for 700-1k on red. I'm tempted to go back to that but I only made like 1k/hour there at best. Also tried spectres/hill giants and SBIs seemed better. Does anyone have suggestions on ways to average more than 1k/hour as an SK? I'm trying to avoid re-rolling, although its looking like it might be the only/best option.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenoraRaton [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...I will add that I play on red...
Well, ya know, I'm no doctor, but I might have a hunch where your problems are.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

Try red forums.

Sks on blue seem to do fine though. Can try selling pl but I don't know how popular that is on red.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

I played on here for years then I leveled up my Druid and made a ton of plat porting, PLing, looting items etc., and I mean a ton of plat. Not sure how they work out on Red, don't play often enough. My Druid on there never has got high enough to port other people.

But yeah, Melee classes pretty much suck for looting. Well a Monk can PL at high levels. Good at doing that. But have to have really good gear to pull it off. No pun intended. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-12-2014, 12:14 PM
Planar Protector

PLing is useless on red since the group exp is so broken it makes grouping faster exp in most cases, especially for a bad PLing class like monk or SK.

But yea this is a question to ask on red. The servers aren't very similar at all. Especially their economies and availability/desire of camps.
Old 10-12-2014, 12:18 PM
Aviak

You're a tank... As a business solution you probably should group... If you want to make your group hot and bothered about your presence, you should find groups in areas where mobs running is a problem and your snare DOT is useful.
Old 10-12-2014, 05:08 PM
Kobold

Solutions provided for Solo SK camps: None

Thanks!
Old 10-12-2014, 05:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenoraRaton [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I screwed up. I rolled my first character as a tank. I'm a level 55 Shadow knight, and have come to the realization that it is nearly impossible to make any appreciable amount of money soloing. I don't have a haste item, and my DPS is so abysmal that I can barely kill a level 40 mob without medding for 20 minutes. I have tried fear kiting and this increases my kill rate from 1/hour to 2/hour. To compound this, I'm nearly worthless in a duo for cash camps because my DPS is so poor, any other class replaces me better.

I will add that I play on red, so my options for camps are a little different(different values, more open camps) than blue. I used to camp Shiny Brass Idols when I was 40, which sell for 700-1k on red. I'm tempted to go back to that but I only made like 1k/hour there at best. Also tried spectres/hill giants and SBIs seemed better. Does anyone have suggestions on ways to average more than 1k/hour as an SK? I'm trying to avoid re-rolling, although its looking like it might be the only/best option.
1k/hour isn't bad, especially if your gear is as terrible as you say it is. Camp those until you can afford a FBSS, that will make a big difference in your DPS
Old 10-12-2014, 05:11 PM
Fire Giant

If you were on blue I'd say maybe try Droga. Don't know about r99 though.
Originally -
Reiguy of Fennin Ro
Tyvix Rex of Sullon Zek.
Old 10-12-2014, 05:14 PM
Fire Giant

But ya, seems like grouping in seb or something might be your answer. If that's even possible on red.
Originally -
Reiguy of Fennin Ro
Tyvix Rex of Sullon Zek.
Closed Thread