Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2016, 07:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermonk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its unfortunate you feel this way as a new member, most end-game guilds are like this i presume though. the reasoning is because there are far too many instances where an app turned member would gear up and leave guild/quit. therefore, overtime guild members are less inclined to help green members on requests. honestly, if you just stick it out and prove you're an asset or prove that you're not going to ghost after you get X item, i'm almost certain the amount of help you will receive will increase over time. it's nothing personal really, but the more friends you make in guild and the more you help others, the more people will be inclined to help you down the road.
Yeah that's probably the deal, actually. Makes sense tbh. Think I just had way too high expectations though and a few bad personal experiences with some members that then made me feel resentful to the guild as a whole. Probably not a fair assessment on my part.
Old 10-03-2016, 07:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't speak for the "top tier" raid guilds, having never been in one, but outside of that category I can't really downplay how happy I've been with <Paradox>. We don't have the numbers or levels yet to hit the competitive raid zones like VP or ToV, but we do a great job of focusing on getting members Thurg gear and epic pieces, dungeon crawling, and other things. You might be a good fit for us if you don't mind missing out on best-in-slot gear (we hope to take a shot at that stuff some day though).

We also cooperate with guilds like <Super Friends> and <Azure Guard> that are more established to take on content we can't handle on our own. I haven't gotten to attend the joint-AG stuff myself but I've never had a bad encounter with their members, and our officers say good things about them. I have had the opportunity to raid with SF on several occasions, and they're always both friendly and knowledgeable. So if you still want a less "hardcore" attitude but would like better gearing opportunities than <Paradox> can currently offer, I would recommend checking out one of those two guilds (I don't know what their app needs are, I just know they're great).
Back at you guys! <Paradox> is awesome, they really remind me of <Indignation> when we were building our forces and working on getting everyone to 60. Friendly dudes and dudettes, show up to raids on time, play their roles well, know their stuff, 10/10 across the board. Keep up the great work pals
Old 10-03-2016, 07:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan D [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
these people who are getting gear on their 2nd and 3rd alts before you are deserving of all of it. these are the people who are responsible for your guild to get any loot at all, they do all the work. you would never ever be able to kill one of these dragons without them tracking and socking it for you.

i can tell by your attitude that you're not much of a player or bring much value to a raid, you should be lucky to get anything at all tbh
^ perfect example of the population to avoid around here, there's a whole lot of em
Old 10-03-2016, 07:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP and fan D must be in the same guild

OP: join a smaller knit guild that is trying to break into the raiding scene so you can establish yourself as a core member as opposed to a fringe nobody. Elitism aside, the top-end players on this server have seen so many people come and go that you are just another statistic to them. Unless you have something special that distances you from the pack I would suggest avoiding the highest tier raiding guilds if your main goal is to have fun and form relationships.
Yeah, good advice. Think that's what I will do. I rather have fun and be a part of something more directly than just a fringe player who is nothing more than another statistic. Thanks for the insight. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-03-2016, 07:39 PM
Planar Protector

Just try to be vocal in guild chat:ask what's happening or anything you can help with. Once people get to know you they're more willing to help you when you need. Don't be afraid to ask for help with stuff before you get to know people either though, just try not to get discouraged if people don't come running right away
Old 10-03-2016, 07:40 PM
Planar Protector

Never be afraid to ask another member a question, if they act like they are bothered by conversation from another member then they are the ones with the issue, not you.
Old 10-03-2016, 08:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what was the guild
Can confirm this is every guild ever. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-03-2016, 10:10 PM
Sarnak

I second what Qaos said. Try to always have a Kennedy speech approach to the guild (ask not what the guild can do for you but what you can do for the guild). It may feel to you that you've done that already but keep at it, it eventually is reciprocated.

If I have a couple hours to play when I log in my first interaction with the guild is always "is there anything fun going on?" or "anyone need any help with anything?"

Plus it's fun to help others. Except Madye.

Astuce

<3 Madye
Old 10-04-2016, 12:24 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

3. I found that when on a raid I was unfamiliar with, I hardly could get any direction on what or where to go from other guild members. I felt like I was inconveniencing them with questions, and rarely did anyone ever offer to explain or help me when I needed it without me having to send multiple tells to different players until one could find the time to help me.
Most of the people you're asking don't know either, and a lot of them have probably played on this server for several years.
Old 10-04-2016, 12:49 AM
Skeleton

It's like the real world: folks chase the dollar only to find only ass holes chase the dollar, and you're best dropping from that race as soon as you can. Once you do, you'll find fine folks who pull you up while you give them a foothold, and you're that much farther than you would have been in the race, and actually happy, to boot.

These SuperFriends people sound like the good kinda folk you need to be with: they might not have the toppest of top items, but they sound like they're worth your time.

I love Home Videos, too, so I'm especially upset at Fan D for using that avatar and talking in such a way.
Closed Thread