Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 03:20 PM
Aviak

Default Questions about Necromancers and Faction relations

Hello, I use to play on official EQ a long time ago, like most everyone else here did, I imagine. I recently started playing EQ on this server a while back with a friend who wanted to experience what classic EQ was like. I think my friend was busy playing Ultima Online or something back in 1999 so he missed out on EQ completely.

So far, this server has been a great experience for both of us... it's an amazing thing to be able to revisit classic EQ again but what I think is even more amazing is to have another chance to show classic EQ to those who missed out on it the first time.

Anyway, my friend and I have been trying to decide which classes in EQ work best together for duoing... we've decided it's probably Necro and Druid. However, these are opposite aligned classes which have to use different cities usually.

The only way I can see to make this a very easy partnership is to make a human necromancer and hope they aren't KOS in as many places as most other race's Necromancers are. Yes, I know its not a big deal for us to just go to separate cities when neccessary but we would like to avoid that if possible.

Ideally, I would like to play an Iksar Necro but I know those are the toughest to play since they're KOS everywhere outside of Cabilis and getting them outside of Kunark without a port is very tedious. We're also new to the server, don't have a lot of coin yet and don't really know any nice high level druids or wizards who would want to port a low level Necro around. So... I'm thinking the Iksar Necro wouldn't be a very practical choice, unfortunately.

Anyway, here are my questions:
1. Can Iksar Necro's find any Necro trainers they can use anywhere outside of Kunark? If so, where/who?
2. Are human Necro's started in Freeport KOS to any npc's in Freeport?
3. Are human Necro's KOS in Kelethin?
4. Are Erudite Necro's KOS in Freeport?
5. Can Erudite Necro's use Freeport Necro trainers?
6. Are Erudite Necro's KOS in Kelethin?
7. Can Dark Elf Necro's use Freeport Necro trainers?

By the way, I'm not really interested in playing a gnome necromancer. I think my preferred race choices are, in order of most preferred to least: Iksar, Erudite, Dark Elf, Human.

I know human Necro is probably the best choice for duoing with a druid, without having to run way far out of my way every time I need to train and get spells. As far as selling stuff and getting food and water goes, my druid friend is willing to help me out with that.

Thank you for your time. Any help or advice that can be offered would be greatly appreciated. I am also open to other class combo recommendations that duo well together without the need for a larger group, besides Necro/Druid.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:28 PM
Aviak

Don't let a silly thing like faction prevent you from playing the character you want :P

I think you can use Freeport necro trainers as an iksar, and with a druid partner (self ports at level 19), you could always just give him the money to buy your spells for you.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by paladin1118 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyway, here are my questions:
1. Can Iksar Necro's find any Necro trainers they can use anywhere outside of Kunark? If so, where/who?
2. Are human Necro's started in Freeport KOS to any npc's in Freeport?
3. Are human Necro's KOS in Kelethin?
4. Are Erudite Necro's KOS in Freeport?
5. Can Erudite Necro's use Freeport Necro trainers?
6. Are Erudite Necro's KOS in Kelethin?
7. Can Dark Elf Necro's use Freeport Necro trainers?.
theoretically - you can obtain 99% of all factions in game. Question is how much effort it would take.

1. Not without giant faction work. Evil guys hard to get faction with. But Heretics of Paineel are the easiest - slaughter Erudin guards and paladins.

2. To some. Notable paladins and cleric, and but overall its your most welcoming city.

3. Oh yeah

4. Most definitely

5. I know Erudite necros apprehensive to Qeynos Necros. Not sure about FP

6. Most definitely

7. Yes. DE Necros practically OWN FP necros - they are allies.

Overall DE/Human necro of Innoruk have the most freedom moving around more popular areas. Erudite necros can train in Qeynos catacombs but thats about it.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:41 PM
Kobold

My monk is Iksar, and is warmly in Kelethin, Kaladim and Felwithe for the most part. I can buy/sell and bank with sneak in Kelethin, and without it in Kaladim. I went to CB at 6, and was turning in belts by like 9. If you truly wish to stay Iksar Nec, don't let faction stop you. Look up Gynk or Elari in game, I can port you to wherever you need and bind you. No charge. Welcome to the server.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:20 PM
Planar Protector

Shared wolf form from druids negates a lot of faction problems. Freport as said before is probably your best bet.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

Everything becomes irrelevant at L34 with "Call of Bones".

Many faction problems (though probably not all) go away. My iksar necro can visit/bank in most places without a problem in skellie form.
Old 10-28-2012, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

which is a bug.
skeleton form not suppose to give faction adjustments
Old 10-28-2012, 04:07 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charms [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes but you also had a good aligned class.

Necromancers start off with a HUGE chip off faction, solely for their class. Then you add in the racial deduction, necros have a bit more faction to work up than a monk.
You may be right that necs have a harder time, however after only 3 lvls as a monk I could, and CB can definitely take you higher than lvl 9 and turning in belts never gets old even when the exp is stale. CB could technically take you to 20, with some patience, and if race means that much, the work is small by comparison.
Last edited by Silverain; 10-28-2012 at 04:08 PM.. Reason: Typo
Old 10-28-2012, 05:41 PM
Kobold

Outside of buyin basic provisions and a bank, you're right. Would still need someone to spell shop, but as a monk I also had to take the firepots to Cab everytime I wanted to train until 17, then I still had to go to FP. Sometimes, the work is worth it to play what you like.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:51 AM
Kobold

Iksar necro can train in FP underground without faction work, just cannot buy from merchants down there. I would suggest turning in light stones/ greater lightstones to Smyth at DE bandit camp in SRo for Neriak faction. You will be able to bank there pretty quick. No negatives hits, and nice plat too!