Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 09:39 PM
Banned

The first time EQ-playing retards were allowed to vote on something of consequence, SOE opened the 51/50 shitfest. Whatever is the shortest or most extreme option will be chosen (YEAH NO GRACE PERIOD!). Fuck it.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slathar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
harrison isnt playing

+1
Yeah, wouldn't matter to you anyways. I'd be 50 by the time you got your first crushbone belt and cried about being trained at the zoneline.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, wouldn't matter to you anyways. I'd be 50 by the time you got your first crushbone belt and cried about being trained at the zoneline.
cool being unemployed and spending 8+ hours a day on the computer

you're amazing
Old 02-01-2011, 10:29 PM
Banned

Yeah, I must be unemployed to be better than you at a game.

That's it. Call Columbo back and tell him you've cracked the case. Retard.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:31 PM
Banned

I'm finding it difficult to not reactive an account and go play the new progression server. Going to have a lot of free time starting Feb 23, and I can't decide if I want to ruin this server or live [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-01-2011, 10:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, I must be unemployed to be better than you at a game.

That's it. Call Columbo back and tell him you've cracked the case. Retard.
who is columbo? some redneck icon?
Old 02-01-2011, 11:20 PM
Sarnak

lame.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:29 PM
Banned

the only thing i don't like about this is that they mentioned there may be augments in each expansion. this sounds like bullshit to me.

but ill still play there as the raiding scene will be much better than here hopefully
Old 02-02-2011, 01:37 AM
Kobold

Also if I wanted to play a game were theres no penalty for death hardly or certain challenges diminished I would just go play some newer game were people die just to quick travel. EQ to me is about original mechanics of the game and about the classicness of it and what made EQ EQ. MMO's years ago were more hardcore and challenging aside from the handful on one hand I can count today. The Everquest of today is not the same and it sucks. The new mechanics are still there.
Are we all just slaves to the system?
Us and them and after all were just ordinary men.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJJJ7ec1eAo
"Freedom cannot exist in the world of Capitalism any more than a fish can live out of water."
Old 02-02-2011, 01:49 AM
Planar Protector

It's just like the time they put up the Discord FFA PvP server for a month, it was "classic content" with LDON camps and Adventure Stones (so you could port around the world using that,) as well as spells (like Breeze) which weren't in until Kunark, and even the spell levels were the newer version where you get spells every level as a caster as opposed to every 4....the list goes on and on.

SOE is all about the $$, and making the game harder in their eyes means; people won't play as long, therefore less $$ in their coffers. They look at WoW, see how easy it is and appealing to so many players, that there really is no reason for them to "devamp" EQ the way it's being done here, on P99. This is also true for almost every other MMO that has a private server counterpart, the closest thing to a classic server for any older MMO these days will always be made by fans for fans.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Closed Thread