Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 11:15 AM
Kobold

/offtopic on

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, if you look at the OP's wall of text, there's clearly been some editing around the first auction chat line, and also around the last OOC chat line... so I wouldn't necessarily trust that either. For all we know, he editted out his /tells to Best and didn't count on Best having screenshotted those to come here and use against him. Hard to say, really.
My chat box does that too though. It smooshes the last couple lines for whatever reason and makes it hard to distinguish some letters until it scrolls up to the middle where I can see it better. For example, lowercase "i" looks a helluva alot like a lowercase "l" until it scrolls up a couple lines. I think it might have to do with the size of my chat box, like the box is a line or two of pixels too small for the amount of chat lines it's trying to cram in there. I'm guessing the OP's is the same way, since the screenshot of his chat box looks awfully similar to mine.

/offtopic off
Old 05-13-2010, 11:18 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volga [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only editing was the cropping of the image. I run the game in windowed mode and I'm not sure if the resolution or the UI I'm using is responsible for it.

But that just sounds like an excuse or lame defense so I'm not even going to try to explain it further as I can't.
My UI does this, too. I sometimes see 8s as 0 until the text scrolls. Happens on a friend's, too.

If everyone would examine the background of the chat window, there is no evidence of tom foolery. It's the font/text that's clipped.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:19 AM
Fire Giant

Man, this thread did get interesting. I especially like Best's speech pattern referring to himself in the second-person...

Quote:
when he asks for a sow he gets it
Malrubius likes this thread. It shows him that EQ drama is alive and well. He thinks that after this thread, Best will find it much harder to get sows.

Hey this is pretty cool. He thanks you.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:32 AM
Kobold

Maiq, knows many things. Maybe he'll tell you.
Hafthor: Dwarf Cleric (NEW: Try GREEN Hafthor!)
Tsukiko: Human Monk
Burzma: Troll Shaman
Old 05-13-2010, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

While he's here, I would kinda like to ask Best what exactly he was going for with the whole "when he asks for a sow he gets it" line.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 05-13-2010, 11:44 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I think they Druid should have kept the tells in the cut and paste, IMO it shows some frustrations between the druid and cleric. I used that excuse as have many others to deal with nagging for unecessary spell request from groupmates. This isn't 10 expansions into EQ where everyone has unlimited mana to give every possible buff or utility spell. I sound more like the cleric may have had somewhere he wanted to be and wanted a SoW otherwise why did he remain there for 3 hours.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:50 AM
Sarnak

i smell a drama queen . but who is it ? Best (raging cleric) or Tylaric (non sowing dr00d) . we should make a poll to vote whos story is true [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-13-2010, 11:51 AM
Fire Giant

i smell a plot, they are the same person!
Old 05-13-2010, 11:52 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think they Druid should have kept the tells in the cut and paste, IMO it shows some frustrations between the druid and cleric. I used that excuse as have many others to deal with nagging for unecessary spell request from groupmates. This isn't 10 expansions into EQ where everyone has unlimited mana to give every possible buff or utility spell. I sound more like the cleric may have had somewhere he wanted to be and wanted a SoW otherwise why did he remain there for 3 hours.
Stepy; there were no tells between the cleric and I save for me responding to his LFG and inviting him to our group. The screen shot is not at all edited by me.

The cleric wasn't with the group for 3 hours, he joined, and was there for 3 minutes and left.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:59 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Ahhh i see, so group was there 3 hours but cleric was new to the group it makes more sense now, next time just give the SoW. =P
Closed Thread