Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 09:02 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default From Cabilis to Qeynos - Level 1 Iksar Monk

What would be the suggested route of travel? And are there any vendors that would be accessible in any nearby areas?
Old 07-17-2017, 11:24 AM
Kobold

Not until you get sneak and feign death really
Old 07-17-2017, 12:15 PM
Planar Protector

Get invis + sow + port to NK > bind at gypsy camp > run across WK, avoiding all mobs > Qeynos Hills, avoiding all mobs > Qeynos > get a bind in the yard away from any guards/Lashun/Fippy pathing around

It's otherwise nigh impossible since some of the zones you have to run through to get there on foot have a level 5 minimum restriction on p99.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 07-17-2017, 12:16 PM
Kobold

Several patches ago they added a minimum level of 5 to zones that aren't flagged as "newbie friendly" or something. If you try and enter any of those zones you get zapped to your bind point.

West Karana might not be flagged that way, probably is, so you could try getting a high level wizard to port you there then evac to qeynos hills zone line.

No reason too IMO, the cab leveling area is great, can easily level to 40 at least while never being more than a few zones from home. Also you can't train anywhere but cab so there's another reason not to go!
Old 07-17-2017, 12:25 PM
Fire Giant

Even a port to NK w/sow and invis will be dicey. as Kegger said, you'll need sneak/FD to navigate to the monk guild (which is rather close to entrance, luckily.) I am not sure if you are KoS to the monk trainers or not though. It ain't easy being Iksar sometimes!

If you want to leg it, you'll want to go:

FoB->WW->OT->Boat to TD->barge to Oasis

Then either:

Oasis->NRO->EC->WC->Kith->Highpass->EK->NK->WK->QHills->Qeynos

Or

Oasis->SRO->Innothule->Feerot->Rathe Mountains->Lake Rathetear->SK->NK->WK->QHills->Qeynos

Or

Oasis->NRO->EC->WC->Kith->Rivervale->Misty->Runneye->Gorge->EK->NK->WK->QHills->Qeynos

Long run!

Edit: I did not know about potential zone level restrictions in the old world.
Old 07-17-2017, 12:39 PM
Planar Protector

The closest Iksar friendly merchants will likely be the Gypsies in North Karana. You can bind in their camp, but if you're not careful or unlucky, will likely find yourself in a death loop until you're 17.

Living in Qeynos would be difficult without serious faction work. You could train from Qwinn if you can survive running passed the Guards on the NK/SK bridge.

If you still want help getting to Qeynos, I can take you there and bind.
Old 07-17-2017, 01:03 PM
Banned

FoB and Kurns are superior to anything in Qeynos area... But if its for nostalgia then I understand. The Black Burrow area is one of my all time nostalgia areas.

Your best bet is to run through LOIO to OT and catch a port at the SF ramp. Level 1 running through the Karanas is certainly not ideal but the zone is so wide open that I think you could do it fairly easy.

The real trick is going to be getting a bind in Qeynos since it is a ghost town.
Old 07-17-2017, 03:26 PM
Kobold

Yeah stay on kunark. Best bet.
Old 07-17-2017, 09:21 PM
Fire Giant

Have to be level 6 to zone into OT.
Old 07-18-2017, 04:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have to be level 6 to zone into OT.
I doubt this - are you certain? Seems odd to have a zone with a boat in it have a level restriction.
Closed Thread