Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2015, 10:16 PM
Orc

Default Over from blue to red, which class to play?

Working on my shaman epic now on blue (my first toon there) And the dark force of pvp calls to me every time I bump into a poopsocker sitting on epic drops. I played about every mmopvp going back to TZ and SZ with the gem darkfall online -first version-(full loot open world) probably my favorite so have a few questions about which class to pick.

-I'm not going to transferring gear/Plat( if i can avoid it) or looking to 'r@peface' with "get-sh*t-on" hot keyed , I just want to avoid the few gimped classes (*cough* cleric) or highly gear dependant classes that would require me to have another character to gear that character (if that's possible?)

Just looking for fun -up- and thru endgame. So playing from level 1 to 60, give me the top 3 classes you guys enjoy on red. I was looking at dwarf rogue, troll sk (my old TZ toon) or iksar necro
Old 06-20-2015, 10:03 AM
Planar Protector

If you're coming here with absolutely nothing probably go a farm class first.
Old 06-20-2015, 10:06 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

Don't play a shaman here.

Unless being the only shaman to show up on raids and buffing 70 people.is your sort of thing.
Old 06-20-2015, 10:24 AM
Sarnak

Iksar necro is a good choice you can play without alot of gear , you can farm well later and they do decent in pvp if you arnt retarded

Who were you on sz ?
Old 06-20-2015, 10:42 AM
Planar Protector

Druid certainly a thought - well rounded, can port, groups always need healers, pvp is pretty good too... get some wis gear and you'll enjoy it, mana pool is a bit low for pvp to begin with.
Old 06-20-2015, 10:49 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Unless being the only shaman to show up on raids and buffing 70 people.is your sort of thing.
Are shamans really that rare on red? I know they're amazing in all forms of PVE, and I always got the impression from the forums that they were solid all around choices in PVP too.
Old 06-20-2015, 11:03 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVP Cleric [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are shamans really that rare on red? I know they're amazing in all forms of PVE, and I always got the impression from the forums that they were solid all around choices in PVP too.
Mediocre at best for pvp. Nightmare to play on raids.
Old 06-20-2015, 01:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

if someone told him to play a farm class Shaman looks like it is king! Solo Hero camp/bugs makes me jelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD
"I will honor those who honor Me, but those who despise Me will be disgraced." HCSB 1 Samuel 2:30
Old 06-20-2015, 01:25 PM
Planar Protector

Wizard is always a solid first go.
Old 06-20-2015, 01:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVP Cleric [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shamans are buff bots on red. You can use them to solo a bunch of cash spots which is cool, so if you're looking to make a farm char first I'd say its a nice easy class to choose, but 90% of the shaman mains I've seen have rerolled as soon as they had the cash.