Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-01-2014, 08:39 AM
Large Bat

Default Not responding at character select screen

Hi, I'm having some problems connecting to P99. I have gone though every site I can think of an settings and it goes to "not responding" just after I select the server to login.

I have tried CPU affinity 0, sett Power Managements to 100% and performance in Nvidia card to max performance. Also tried WinEQ. Compatibility mode XP (sp2) with administrative privlages. Live Everquest works fine from another Everquest directory. I'm running SoF and made the BAT file to load the models. I'm empty for ideas, but guess its a setting in the video card or the xeon processors.

Followed these guides:
http://www.eqemulator.org/wiki/wikka...akka=PlayGuide
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2651
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...akka=SoFModels
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/arc...p/t-25327.html
Last edited by Mistmaker; 03-12-2014 at 06:17 AM..
Old 03-01-2014, 09:31 AM
Planar Protector

How far do you get in the login process? Can you see the server select screen? If so, is it black (with no servers to select?) or is it when you select the P1999 server that it says its not responding?

Have you got a firewall up? Try disabling it for 5/10 minutes to see if that's what's causing it.

Also, Secrets of Faydwer isn't supported on P99 anymore (it used to be). You might have to "find" EQ Titanium "on the internet" and try a fresh install. There's a link at the top of this forum to the Duxa installer... I found that helped a lot not only with the installation but also the setup of spell gems etc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-01-2014, 09:38 AM
Large Bat

I tried Duxa installer. I can select the server and then a new window opens. This is where it freezes.

That will really suck if Secrets of Faydwer does not work anymore. I bought mine from Ebay in US and had to have relatives ship it to Norway. It was listed here as still supported on eqemulator...

http://www.eqemulator.org/wiki/wikka...akka=PlayGuide

I don't have any extra firewalls up than the basic windows one. I will keep checking.
Old 03-01-2014, 10:12 AM
Planar Protector

I'm not sure what it was about SoF that stopped it being used here.

If you have a second PC/laptop/etc around, or a good samaritan friend who'll let you install it onto his to test it... double check its not something specific to your PC/setup.

Also, try logging onto "The Hidden Forest" or PEQ... see if you make it to the character select screen.
Old 03-01-2014, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

That Emu info is for all the servers that are on the emulated network. P99 specifically needs titanium to work. Just download it from the bay.
Old 03-01-2014, 07:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not sure what it was about SoF that stopped it being used here.

If you have a second PC/laptop/etc around, or a good samaritan friend who'll let you install it onto his to test it... double check its not something specific to your PC/setup.

Also, try logging onto "The Hidden Forest" or PEQ... see if you make it to the character select screen.
LOL dat gif = win
Old 03-02-2014, 07:05 AM
Large Bat

Thanks for the help. Got it working. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-02-2014, 04:08 PM
Fire Giant

Something about a hidden bay infested wid pirates