Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 02:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanHancock [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why do the "Kerrans" appear to be the "largest" race? This blows
Kerrans are the new Taurans
Old 08-17-2013, 03:02 PM
Banned

It looks like Chris Metzen raped the fuck out of Keith Parkinson.

WoWization =/ Blizzization.

Do not like the new art style. Though its cute they tried to pay homage.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:24 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsBlend [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1999:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

2013:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Can anyone POSITIVELY ID for me all the races in new art?

I see Dark Elf, Dwarf, Troll/Ogre/Possible Orc, High Elf (but only because I'm an EQ player) and for the same reason I'm just gonna ignore the cat-person from now on
Old 08-17-2013, 06:30 PM
Banned

naggy
Old 08-17-2013, 07:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanHancock [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can anyone POSITIVELY ID for me all the races in new art?

I see Dark Elf, Dwarf, Troll/Ogre/Possible Orc, High Elf (but only because I'm an EQ player) and for the same reason I'm just gonna ignore the cat-person from now on
left to right: High Elf , Human M, Human/Half Elf F, Ratonga, Dwarf, Ogre/Orc, Dark Elf, Oversized Kerra, Barbarian F

[Zuranthium;1453395]
The people who invented the first space ships were brilliant. That doesn't mean anybody should actually want to use them 200 years later. Ideas are limited by means of execution. Everquest has amazing ideas that need to be completely reworked in their execution, in order for classic Everquest as it was envisioned to actually exist and continue to be relevant as things have evolved.
Old 08-17-2013, 07:18 PM
Planar Protector

bah double post. ignore

[Zuranthium;1453395]
The people who invented the first space ships were brilliant. That doesn't mean anybody should actually want to use them 200 years later. Ideas are limited by means of execution. Everquest has amazing ideas that need to be completely reworked in their execution, in order for classic Everquest as it was envisioned to actually exist and continue to be relevant as things have evolved.
Old 08-17-2013, 07:54 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kika Maslyaka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
left to right: High Elf , Human M, Human/Half Elf F, Ratonga, Dwarf, Ogre/Orc, Dark Elf, Oversized Kerra, Barbarian F
Was confirmed Kobold like a month ago. Not Ratonga. Ratonga are a 'maybe' inclusion.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:03 PM
Planar Protector

mm strange - it looks too small/thin for a kobold and we can't really see its face... But I guess the hind legs look more like they belong to dog type creature rather than a rat.
Still strange, since Ratonga at least were playable in EQ2, while kobolds were never playable. I don't care either way thought.

[Zuranthium;1453395]
Old 08-17-2013, 11:02 PM
Banned

I thought Ratonga as well. But you never know...
Old 08-18-2013, 11:59 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kika Maslyaka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
mm strange - it looks too small/thin for a kobold and we can't really see its face... But I guess the hind legs look more like they belong to dog type creature rather than a rat.
Still strange, since Ratonga at least were playable in EQ2, while kobolds were never playable. I don't care either way thought.
If you watch the gameplay footage where they are showing off the ridiculous whirlwind abilities, they call the little rat looking guys, getting raped by the thundercat, Kobolds so I guess they redesigned them.

EDIT: https://www.everquestnext.com/img/me...ts/large/6.jpg
Last edited by formallydickman; 08-18-2013 at 12:03 PM.. Reason: photo
Closed Thread