Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 02:59 PM
Fire Giant

Default Good undead camps for a 25 pally?

Thanks in advance for any input!

I've been leveling my pally on-and-off for a while now, and have been encountering the same problem time and again: when I have time to group (at least an hour or two), I can't find one. I try to start one when applicable, but the zones I've been hanging around (Unrest/MM) are usually overcamped as it is, hence why I can't find a group. So, I usually have to resort to soloing in the meantime. Which brings me back to the overcamped problem.

Any suggestions on other zones/camps I could try that are soloable as a 25 pally? Preferably something undead, and somewhat close to a nice dungeony groupy area for when I have time to group.

Only other camp I've heard about so far are the giant skellies in RM (which would be close to Guk or Paw) but I'm worried I would be too low level just yet. Any pallies had luck with that camp around the mid-twenties?

(Just for capability reference, I'm not super twinked or anything, but I do have a GB & ACGS + about 5k total in misc hp gear)
Maamdak Battlebeard - 48 Dwarf Rogue
Crunkasaurus Rex - 49 Ogre Shaman
Mendak - 51 Halfling Druid (Green)

<Paradox> RIP
Old 06-23-2014, 03:48 PM
Planar Protector

Best bet is to hope you can find some of the unrest mobs available. That's what I do on my 22 paladin. If they aren't I just get on another toon.

Beyond Unrest in that level range there isn't much that is great exp. Those Rathe mountains skeletons are fine I suppose. Lake Rathetear has 2 undead stone skeletons but they are mages with pets so I doubt that's any good.
Old 06-23-2014, 03:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only other camp I've heard about so far are the giant skellies in RM (which would be close to Guk or Paw) but I'm worried I would be too low level just yet.
you cannnot kill them
so you say
try them! try them!
and you may
try them and you may i say
Old 06-23-2014, 10:25 PM
Aviak

It's not undead, but the skulking brutes in the warslik's woods tunnels leading to dalnir were a great solo spot for my pally in his late 20's. I wanna say you could possibly do them now, they're only level 22 and I feel like I waited too long to start them. They are wimps, you shouldn't have to root/heal very many times per fight (i had mediocre gear with a baton of faith). Just post up next to the dalnir zoneline past the fake water. They are spaced far enough apart that you shouldnt even need lull if you're careful with your bow shots.

Only downside is it's kind of out of the way and there's not much for grouping. You might be able to do the fort if you get bored or the occasional dalnir group once you're a little higher.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:36 PM
Planar Protector

Unrest is the best undead up to like level 40 basically.

Don't waste time in kubark.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 06-24-2014, 01:30 AM
Sarnak

Yeah, do giant skellies in RM. The single one at the tower is probably in your wheelhouse now; you can handle the higher ones at ruins later, but they tend to come in groups.
Old 06-24-2014, 05:12 AM
Aviak

I stayed in unrest from 20 to 40, best exp I could find.
Then Lower guk, started at 40 and still great exp now (level 47 now)
Old 07-23-2014, 05:44 AM
Planar Protector

Najena skeletons or Unrest.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:30 AM
Planar Protector

Aren't Najena skels already green at 25?
Old 07-23-2014, 10:43 AM
Aviak

I just bought a Sword of the Morning, should I invest in a Ghoulbane if I want to do Unrest? Does the proc rate of the Ghoulbane justify the difference in DPS vs the SotM?

Edit: only level 16 ATM. I have a Arbitor's Greatsword ready when I get double attack at level 20.
Last edited by dablackgoku1234; 07-23-2014 at 10:52 AM..
Closed Thread