Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

Default Where to hunt level 17?

I have a premade group all around level 17 consisting of SK, Cleric, Bard, Magician. We are wanting to see as much of the old world dungeons as possible. So far we have been to Blackburrow, Unrest, Befallen, Najena, Upper Guk and a little outdoor stuff but that's boring. I know we could go back to Upper Guk and Unrest, loved Upper Guk, but I am curious about zones below and level range/camps when they are viable?

Still have interest in visiting
Permafrost?
Runnyeye?
Splitpaw?
Mistmoore?
Cazic Thule?
Sol A?
Warrens?
Kerra Isle?
Old 06-27-2017, 03:44 PM
Sarnak

Permafrost is OK but I have only ever gone there as a higher level toon so I couldn't tell you what camps are good for your level.

Mistmoore is always packed so taking your own group there would be ok but you would be fighting for spawns.

Sol A is great exp and there are so many camps that you could just keep moving around and never get bored.

Splitpaw is a bit out of your level range at the moment and it can be fun but the buggy pathing leads to HUGE trains if your not careful/know the buggy spots.

Runnyeye is good if you have good CC. Gets pretty crazy and almost got killed there messing around on my 50+ bard due to so many adds.

The rest I haven't ventured into much so I'm not sure.
Old 06-27-2017, 04:10 PM
Banned

You guys would get good XP hunting Highpass Orcs. Couple of decent drops there in the Sharlock Pack and Shiny Brass Idol... plus its pretty safe due to ez zoning and guards
Old 06-27-2017, 04:10 PM
Fire Giant

Warrens is great to 20. And you can get a scepter off the main boss that high levels will pay 500p+ for.
Old 06-27-2017, 04:18 PM
Planar Protector

You might find the Per-Level Hunting Guide (link in my signature) helpful. It is aimed a bit more at soloers, but since you have a group you can just pretend the every spot is a level or two lower. That should help give you a better idea of what zones are/aren't in your range.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 06-27-2017 at 04:28 PM..
Old 06-27-2017, 05:12 PM
Sarnak

I would highly suggest going to permafrost at around lvl 18.... The flagroom camp is amazing for a full group and it is hard to beat the xp there. Ores drop and sell in ever frost for 55/15/5 pp each and all the goblins are very close and consistent in level. There are also several Doable named goblins that you can do as you increase in level. The spot is great until mid/late 20's. There are a few dangers I would be willing to talk over with you in more in game or in private message.
Old 06-28-2017, 08:13 AM
Banned

Your group is perfect to hit the crocodile camps in Oasis.

Once you all reach about level 20, move into Upper Guk and enjoy the best experience for that level possible.
Old 06-28-2017, 01:04 PM
Kobold

Agree with kjs86z, you have a bard! Find a nice spot in oasis on the orc highway and you can pull extra crocs if needed. Then back to guk or unrest imo.
Old 06-28-2017, 01:58 PM
Sarnak

Of the places you mentioned, I'd put Permafrost at the top of the list. Work your way in to the flag room and branch out from there. The loot is good and the exp is great. If you make it to the King camp, beware of some bad pathing, otherwise you could gain quite a few levels in there. It has the advantage of being way off the beaten path, too.

Second tier would be Runnyeye, Sol A, and maybe Warrens. As mentioned, Runnyeye can get chaotic quick so take it slow. I like Sol A almost as much as I like Perma, but it sees a bit more traffic. I have not spent much time in the Warrens on a level-appropriate character, but it always has seemed like it has enough mobs to make for an exciting adventure.

Mistmoore is great exp but everyone and his brother is there. Splitpaw is great exp and fun but I'd wait until you got closer to 30 before going there. I personally like Cazic Thule a lot but it's got major warts, namely in that the loot in general is not great and there are LOTS of healer mobs that love to heal through walls so it makes for tough sledding in there. Which is not to say you couldn't carve out a niche in there, and I don't want to discourage adventures there, but just know what you are getting into going there.

Highpass Orcs are good for outdoor exp, although I don't think you'll be there more than a few levels before you move on. I've personally never seen the appeal in Oasis. The loot seems minimal and the exp subpar compared to a dungeon.

If it were me, I'd start out west with Perma and/or the Warrens, then move to Splitpaw, then maybe lower floors in Runnyeye or the higher level areas of Sol A.
Old 06-28-2017, 05:00 PM
Kobold

dont forget about kurns tower =)