Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 05:08 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssleeve [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's already been explained by kanras it was a stock EMU issue that you were getting that extra tic, it's now how it was suppose to be.

Edit: He explains it 2 posts above this, l2read.
I was in the middle of playing the game and cooking at the time and just wanted to throw it up there incase nobody else had and it was a bug. I dont' always have time to read through 10 pages worth of posts. l2not be a rude fruit loop. All you had to do was just point out the post. rude ass. I came back later just to see what was up when I had more time and I have to come back and read that unecessary insult. I read the patch notes too and I saw:

Kanras: Removed extra tic from duration of most spells. --- It didn't mention songs.

As I said, the only way to know it had to do with songs would be to read through each page of posts till i saw the post by kanras above and I was busy at that time with other things.

Edit- in a previous patch they modified pet dual wield and double attack rates to be "more like players" but they ended up making it so pets barely dual wielded at all anymore. So I posted it. And the next day it was fixed back the way it was. Maybe they noticed it on their own, maybe not, but I didn't see anyone else mention it at the time.

I was just posting my observations like I said. Was trying to be helpful. You can keep your stupid little smart ass comment to yourself, though as it doesn't help anyone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Last edited by kensoto; 02-21-2012 at 05:26 AM..
Old 02-21-2012, 05:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensoto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
rude ass. stupid little smart ass comment
Relax, it's going to be ok.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-21-2012, 09:32 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motec [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Give me a reason to be positive.
Amelinda has a new sexy avatar?
Old 02-21-2012, 12:35 PM
Aviak

"Nilbog: iksar betrayer spawn in Chardok changed to roaming phs, with more possibilities of spawning. (Monk Epic)
"
Nilbog does this mean any roamer or only roamers by orig betrayer spawn?
Last edited by Harkor; 02-21-2012 at 03:16 PM..
Old 02-21-2012, 12:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoucLangur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Amelinda has a new sexy avatar?
Is that Katey Sagal?
Old 02-21-2012, 02:35 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harkor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Nilbog: iksar betrayer spawn in Chardok changed to roaming phs, with more possibilities of spawning. (Monk Epic)
"
Kanras does this mean any roamer or only roamers by orig betrayer spawn?
Why are you asking kanras a question about a change that is clearly marked by nilbog?

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 02-21-2012, 02:44 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kanras: Warrior NPCs/pets will bash more frequently than kick.
What's the justification for this change? It's murdering my ability to solo as a player of 2 hybrid casters. I'm getting stunned about once every 5-6 seconds, and it's hard to keep more then 1 or 2 songs up while meleeing mobs. This is at lvl 10, when mobs should not be that hard yet. I'd like to know the source so I can test it.

Also, anyone recomend any tools for parsing combat logs?
Old 02-21-2012, 02:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbvera13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's the justification for this change? It's murdering my ability to solo as a player of 2 hybrid casters. I'm getting stunned about once every 5-6 seconds, and it's hard to keep more then 1 or 2 songs up while meleeing mobs. This is at lvl 10, when mobs should not be that hard yet. I'd like to know the source so I can test it.

Also, anyone recomend any tools for parsing combat logs?
non ogre sk and pallies are experiencubg this as well. hard to cast spells. almost impossible with 3-4 mobs attacking you. as for fleeing... good luck with that too. run 2 steps, get stunned. run 2 more, get stunned.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:05 PM
Kobold

Yes any spellcasting character would be badly affected I imagine. Melee hybrids especially since they don't kite much. Considering the difficulty getting groups as a hybrid, having at least the option to solo is essential. This is definitely a quit-the-server change for me.

Either that, or remove the hybrid exp penalty so I can get groups on the classes I enjoy. There are just too many min-maxxers here that believe the hype about hybrids and won't invite them.

edit: see here http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=64157 for a description of why this affects hybrids so much. This was a strategy I developed on live with my first character ever, a ranger name Rhyswolf on Morell-Thule, before Kunark came out. I also used it as an SK to maintain very high aggro when tanking. I'm completely certain that the change is not classic, or is at least taken too far, because this strategy is not viable now. I'll collect logs if I can figure out how :\
Last edited by sbvera13; 02-21-2012 at 03:10 PM..
Old 02-21-2012, 03:37 PM
Fire Giant

Is this the reason why I couldn't cast last night in Unrest when I had three mobs on me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo Cooper, Senior Artist, SOE
Shut up and give me my ten bucks per month, little man. My Porsche needs some performance upgrades.
Closed Thread