Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-21-2015, 01:53 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default EQ game locks up in windowed mode - was working perfectly.

To Project99,
I recently started playing and went with the step by step instructions. The game was working perfectly for hours and then all the sudden - without adjusting anything - the game randomly froze and EQ in windowed mode was "Not Responding".

I closed it out and logged back in only to have it happen again after playing for 10 seconds. Closed out and tried again and only got to the final loading screen image three times. I tried playing on other emulator servers and had no problems.

I tried again today and was able to play for about a minute and it all locked up again.

Any ideas on how to fix this issue? No error messages or anything!

Thank you.
Old 01-21-2015, 10:40 PM
Orc

Try setting resolution options before u login to 640 x 860, also turn off loading screen while zoning; this kinda helped me. Not sure if that will fix but worth a try, I still crash randomly too because of connection.
Old 01-21-2015, 11:17 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I have tried everything in the FAQ regarding Project EQ crashing - I've messed with resolutions, changed to SP 2 and made it as an administrator, made sure the right files are in the EQ folder and I am using Titanium as the client. Earlier today I was able to play for a few hours but now it's freezing every couple of seconds to a few minutes I really, really hope there is a fix to this because I have tried everything.
Old 01-23-2015, 08:49 PM
Decaying Skeleton

So it ended up being a chat window being way too small - go figure! Thanks again for the help all!