Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 12:48 AM
The Protector of Sunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenlina [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its to be expected really, they were mentor on how to do the Kunark dragons for weeks. But still have much to learn padawans. Kind of disappointed the smaller guilds as rogean puts it didnt put up any fight.
Yet somehow the competition between TMO and TR is ruining the server according the RNF.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:21 AM
Sarnak

The part where you went wrong was when you cared what RNF said. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-21-2011, 02:22 AM
Banned

I get all of my info from RnF
Old 11-21-2011, 08:47 AM
Planar Protector

Also, I think a joint Taken/Divinity raid took down Faydedar this weekend.

Corrected below.
Last edited by falkun; 11-22-2011 at 09:03 AM..
Old 11-21-2011, 02:01 PM
Kobold

Taken and Divinity did =)
screenshots at http://tgaming.org

Glitterati Irons - Wood Elf Druid.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

We took down Inny late Saturday and then Draco (after wiping once due to the massive lag) but by that point the majority of our force had to log before we could get a shot at CT.

It was a good night.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We took down Inny late Saturday and then Draco (after wiping once due to the massive lag) but by that point the majority of our force had to log before we could get a shot at CT.

It was a good night.
Up until 4am raiding...I feel like I'm in high school again.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:55 PM
Fire Giant

I think this weekend proved wrong the axiom certain people always claimed that if you take TR and TMO out of the picture, people could raid at their leisure. Stuff didn't die within 5 minutes of it popping, but often times that was because VD felt that there was no real competition for mobs they left up for a few hours (Gore/Trak) and focused on things that other guilds could kill. Given the chance, VD proved they can solo kill everything outside of VP and stayed up till 6am to do it, raiding all night.

I think it's pretty awesome to see them step up and do that, as well as Taken, Div, etc. getting mobs.
Old 11-21-2011, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

I suspect there is a certain game-theory type equilibrium on the server where you have two top guilds competing for most mobs. If there is only 1 large raiding guild, like TR monopolizing Trakanon early after Kunark came out, then either it will break into two pieces, or the smaller guilds have an incentive to merge together into a competitor. If Rogean were to snap and delete all TR/TMO characters, my suspicion is that we would see a VD vs BDA/Taken race for raid targets.

I actually don't think the opening of VP will change much - its not like TR/TMO will be so busy in there that they won't have time to get the rest of the spawns. But actually the thing that makes me really sad is the current server population. When I played pre-kunark it was usually 650 at peak times, then 1k when Kunark came out, 750 even in May, and now its maybe 500. I just don't see that number going up again.
Old 11-21-2011, 03:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think this weekend proved wrong the axiom certain people always claimed that if you take TR and TMO out of the picture, people could raid at their leisure. Stuff didn't die within 5 minutes of it popping, but often times that was because VD felt that there was no real competition for mobs they left up for a few hours (Gore/Trak) and focused on things that other guilds could kill. Given the chance, VD proved they can solo kill everything outside of VP and stayed up till 6am to do it, raiding all night.

I think it's pretty awesome to see them step up and do that, as well as Taken, Div, etc. getting mobs.
What do you expect when there's massive lag and mobs pop at 3 in the morning?

Regardless, grats to VD, they deserve all their kills and they are awesome people. The people trying to cut down their achievements because they have a beef with TR or whatever need to grow up.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Closed Thread