Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 03:29 PM
Sarnak

DISCLAIMER: My purpose is not to flame. I do not have any ill sentiment toward any of the clerics listed in Elethia's original post. (Hi Elethia -- I like you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]) I would just like to know how this'll work for guilds not part of the mega trio.

While I agree that a rotation is a wonderful idea, what if a guild not in your listed three would like to participate? Would they be moved to the bottom of the "rotation" list? Would they be disregarded because they didn't put in the poopsocking hours?

Say VD is granted first go at this rotation, followed by TMO and then IB.
VD gets their Ragefire.
Then TMO gets theirs.
Suddenly, a new guild wants to participate! Do they get to go right after IB? Or would there be a "rearrangement" because VD and TMO just got pushed back?

Once you all decide on the rotation, how does anyone else partake? Or is this strictly for those three guilds, because you all had poopsockers there since the beginning?

Will other guilds have any say in the rotation rules once they're a part of it? Or will all decisions regarding Ragefire only be made by the Committee of The Inglourious Mystical Basterds of Vesica Dei?

Also...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kole1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...and how this agreement lets many many people enjoy playing on this server without looking over their shoulder IF this is honored long term? Don't think short term, think long term. This attempts to solve both.
What if IB (previously TR) reverts again to a prior guild tag so they don't have to honor this agreement?
Old 01-19-2012, 03:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinraTensei [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But who are you to make a judgement on how people spend their time in life? That is MY point. There is no broken argument or an argument at all. Anyone can claim "I can't do X because I have to do Y". The fact of the matter is, people are entitled to how they spend their life/time... Game or not.
Then don't get pissy when I make fun of you.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:30 PM
Banned

Agreed if you want to sock more power to you, but making an agreement between 3 guilds and expecting everyone else to just go along with it with no incentive is a bit far fetched.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:31 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then don't get pissy when I make fun of you.
You made fun of me? Where?
Old 01-19-2012, 03:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverixdamighty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agreed if you want to sock more power to you, but making an agreement between 3 guilds and expecting everyone else to just go along with it with no incentive is a bit far fetched.
I wouldn't expect anyone to go along with it. I'd be similarly perturbed by it if I were you. It is your prerogative to roll into SolB and turn it into a spam-click fest again, but you have the accept the consequences of doing so =)
Old 01-19-2012, 03:33 PM
Planar Protector

This rotation should not have been posted until it had run it's initial ib/tmo course and actually included everyone. People are too stupid to realize past their own interests.

First, there is nothing stopping anyone from breaking this, I agree. However, It most likely won't be IB or TMO fucking with each other. Thus, if a random from some guild comes to mess with another guild, you're going to see that guild get shit on by IB/TMO for making their collective lives harder (we do it to each other, don't think we won't do it to you).

Second, While I do agree Ninik deserves her epic more than most of the clerics on this server, I can understand the 'time invested' part. This pre-rotation of rotations will run it's course then all the other guilds can run in and start their own bullshit if they want (i'm sure it will happen).

So yeah, Taken, BDA, Divinity or any other guild could come in and start clicking IB or TMO's air, but what you're opening is going to be way worse than what you imagine. As you will effectively guarantee that your guild not get an epic as easy as you would have.

Aka, you idiots just don't know.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This rotation should not have been posted until it had run it's initial ib/tmo course and actually included everyone. People are too stupid to realize past their own interests.

First, there is nothing stopping anyone from breaking this, I agree. However, It most likely won't be IB or TMO fucking with each other. Thus, if a random from some guild comes to mess with another guild, you're going to see that guild get shit on by IB/TMO for making their collective lives harder (we do it to each other, don't think we won't do it to you).

Second, While I do agree Ninik deserves her epic more than most of the clerics on this server, I can understand the 'time invested' part. This pre-rotation of rotations will run it's course then all the other guilds can run in and start their own bullshit if they want (i'm sure it will happen).

So yeah, Taken, BDA, Divinity or any other guild could come in and start clicking IB or TMO's air, but what you're opening is going to be way worse than what you imagine. As you will effectively guarantee that your guild not get an epic as easy as you would have.

Frankly, if something this short-sighted and idiotic is posted as a general "here you go, server. You're welcome" you should be expecting this sort of flaming and even hostility towards the top 3. Ele, I don't know you and you seem okay, but this is without a doubt an incredibly stupid and nonsensical post that doesn't deserve the bandwidth it's being hosted on. Just edit, delete and come back when you've got something worth reading
Old 01-19-2012, 03:37 PM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to Dravingar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Jesus christ, I can't believe I am saying this but I agree 100% with stealin.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:38 PM
Fire Giant

Aside from the opportunists using this as an opportunity to do some soap-boxing, I'm not certain what everyone's agenda is here.

I have to ask, why are some of you so offended by the OP?

The way I see it, a private agreement was created. Said agreement might have some impact on others not subject to it. As a courtesy, the community was put on notice.

Worst case scenario, Elethia wasted some real estate on the general forum's front page. Is that really so offensive?
Old 01-19-2012, 03:38 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wouldn't expect anyone to go along with it. I'd be similarly perturbed by it if I were you. It is your prerogative to roll into SolB and turn it into a spam-click fest again, but you have the accept the consequences of doing so =)
Which is funny because that is exactly what they are complaining about.

What I see here is a group of people investing time into a camp... and working out a decision/agreement that is mutually beneficial.

Then, a passerby who has NOT invested that same time for the camp, arguing that they are not part of the decision/agreement. What's wrong with this picture? The self entitlement here is just disgusting. What, you have social/work/blah blah blah? So YOUR time is worth more than OTHER'S time? Get off the horse already.
Closed Thread