Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-01-2011, 02:40 PM
Large Bat

Default Plz help a noob, still seeing a "replace the spells file" message when logged in

I went through and did all the modifications that the "Getting Started" page had me do, and logged in and everything went fine until I came to the character select screen which told me I needed to update my spells file. I re-dled and extracted to everquest file, and the same message applied. I saw an earlier fix with this problem but couldn't get anywhere with the answer, am I just a retard?
Old 08-01-2011, 04:42 PM
Banned

Go to: http://www.project1999.org/index.php

(should be right under the welcome section)
Look for:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This patch contains a new spells file. Please obtain the latest "EQChangesV11" from the setup guide.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

click on EQchangesV11 to download and extract what you downloaded into your EQ folder.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:51 PM
Fire Giant

if you are still having issues, look in my signature for an automated way to install the spellfiles.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:30 PM
Large Bat

I tried both suggestions, and still no improvements...
For duxa's, it asks me where I want to install the update, I just install into the open EQ file, correct?
Old 08-02-2011, 03:24 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madpao [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Go to: http://www.project1999.org/index.php

(should be right under the welcome section)
Look for:
This patch contains a new spells file. Please obtain the latest "EQChangesV11" from the setup guide.

click on EQchangesV11 to download and extract what you downloaded into your EQ folder.

yeah, I did all of that, and it still says the same thing
Old 08-02-2011, 03:39 PM
Fire Giant

Make sure EQ is not in Program Files, if it is, just drag and drop the folder to C:\Everquest. Then try again.

And yes for the installer just point it to EQ directory. it will give you an error if you point it to the wrong place.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:23 PM
Large Bat

I got it fixed, a small variation in extracting technique, thank you for the tips, whether they worked or not. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]