Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

View Poll Results: Legalize Training on Red 1999?
Yes 70 68.63%
No U 32 31.37%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 12:40 PM
Banned

Wink Legalize Training on Red 1999?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-22-2012, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

I do like a good train.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:56 PM
Banned

The real answer is there's training you can enforce and training you can't (read on). We need rules that we can expect to be enforced with consistency, read on...

I started on this road when the server launched.

Rules should be as follows in raid zones:
- Any intentional act that causes an NPC to kill another player without the intention of PvP and involving the player in question aggroing the mob scoring the kill is training.
- Training should result in a first time and immediate month suspension. A permanent ban with no grace period following. It will take one or two people getting Amelinda'd or Sirken'd and this will sink in, believe it.
- Raiding past a certain hour should be FFA. Let's be honest, it's not fair to the staff to have to be on every day of the week at 3-4am to try and police things. You should probably be asleep anyway.

The goal here is to have an ENFORCEABLE AND CONSISTENT set of rules. Let's not try to make rules that cannot be consistently enforced. AKA: Well they trained us at 4:22am. Really?

That said, and as outlined above, a very hard first time punishment to make examples of individuals caught doing it. One of two things will happen: people will wake up and smell the coffee and be mature or they will put in the "well I don't care anymore Jihad" hat and get themselves all banned off the server with a "well fuck this place anyways" attitude. Good riddance.

I'd also advocate (if it does not already exist) some way of beefing up the logging to support claims of training.

Let's open this to unbiased discussion and try to hammer out something we can agree on, do not cite specific examples or troll..
Old 02-22-2012, 01:04 PM
Sarnak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

New PoF.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:09 PM
Banned

Or!

Just make all the raid zones FFA and be done with it*.

Everyone has an equal chance to train each other. Each side can expect the same thing.

One side will never suffer while the other side does not.

This is my goal.

(* I do not prefer this, it is detrimental to the server's health. I just don't want a guy from one guild banned while a guy from the other guild gets away with it 200 times, read: DETRIMENTAL TO SERVER HEALTH)
Old 02-22-2012, 01:11 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Truth Send a message via AIM to Truth Send a message via MSN to Truth Send a message via Yahoo to Truth

voted for item loot
Old 02-22-2012, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

There are two types of training. There's really obvious training, and less obvious training. No one is expecting the staff to have a magic crystal ball and be able to distinguish a non-obvious intentional train from an unintentional train. But with training illegal, the staff can easily police obvious trains (which tend to also be the worst ones). Even if their ability to police it is limited, people will still be deterred, meaning there will be less training. Since training is bad, making training illegal is good, because less of a bad thing is a good thing.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 02-22-2012, 01:22 PM
Banned

Obvious - single player goes running deep into solb, strafe runs his way out after grabbing shit loads of mobs, esp ones that are out of the way.

Not obvious - PKer (guild b) chases monk in fear, monk fds (guild A) mobs in fear, wizard shadowsteps (guild A) dies, mobs are dropped on his own guild... etc
Old 02-22-2012, 01:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Since training is bad, making training illegal is good, because less of a bad thing is a good thing.
This is a conclusion, i dont see an argumentation for this.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:30 PM
Banned

Everything but the most obvious repetitive training should be allowed.
Closed Thread