Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: would you participate in a server-wide batphone for raid mobs?
yes 93 50.00%
no 93 50.00%
Voters: 186. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 01:13 AM
Planar Protector

Default Would you participate in a server wide twitter based batphone for raid mobs? (poll)

So a year or so ago I realized that if you want to experience the raiding content on p99 you are left with very few choices. There was one guild monopolizing most of the content and very few guilds who seemed interested in getting involved with the inevitable drama that comes with facing TMO.

Initially I just wanted to take all the guilds interested and form an alliance for raiding. Unfortunately this idea probably would not work out and would just lead to more guilds hating eachother. So I came up with the idea that we should just form a twitter batphone for everyone on p99.

It could be done a number of ways with many different ways to split loot and epic drops. But the vasic idea is that someone creates the twitter, anyone of sufficient level (58+ for kunark bosses, 50+ for old world bosses) could join and participate in raids. I understand there will be many kinks to work out as well as concrete rules/regulations to keep things fair.

This would also likely require a large capacity ventrilo server as well as perhaps a separate forum section. There will likely be many opponents to such ideas and that's fine because we have ket opposition every other time someone makes a suggestion to benefit the server/community.

So, I'm wondering who would be interested in participating in this type of thing?

What suggestions do you have in regards to splitting loot fairly?

How could we communicate amongst the folks interested?

What should we call ourselves?

Obviously every person wants to have their guilds and if said guilds want to mobilize and go after targets on their own that's cool too. But their chances alone arent as good as our chances would be together.

So I would vote to keep this simple, with interested players signing up on the batphone under their p99 character name(s) and parking their toons at whatever mobs we choose each week.

Loot could be randomed and split among those who NEED it, no alts/twinks. We can create a list of who needs what epic drops and base our priorities on that first.

Folks can take turns or track mobs in groups to break up monotony. We could start by choosing 3 or 4 mobs each week to focus on, and rotate the mobs each week in order to give folks chances to get tge items they need without buying them from TMO.

We could random the loot, keep track of who gets what and place a time limit on when winners will be allowed to random again to be fair.

Should members of TMO be excluded? considering the fact they have had 2 years to monopolize all the epic/dragon loot and their stance towards the rest of the server.

And lastly, is this even feasible? Worth it? Love to hear the opinions you all offer as long as they are constructive and not rnf-esque.

Again -- I understand something like this would be a lot of work and coordination and it would piss off a lot of people probably. But at this point I don't see another option for those folks who want to raid but refuse to get involved in.the shenanigans.

There are great players who refuse to raid on this server because of the toxic atmosphere and greedy lootwhores who must monopolize and sell loot rather than give other deserving folks a chance at kunark before velious is out. I mean, its been 2 years.

I suspect that naturally the server pop will dip before velious like it did prekunark but it really doesn't have to if the content wasn't cockblocked to fuck.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 08-17-2013, 01:17 AM
Planar Protector

Though I wouldn't participate, I would really enjoy seeing such an effort =)
Old 08-17-2013, 01:18 AM
Fire Giant

Just follow Tiggles' p99 stream and you will know when most things spawn. We're already tracking for you <3
Old 08-17-2013, 01:19 AM
Banned

im pretty sure they are gone
Old 08-17-2013, 02:22 AM
Planar Protector

I am more interested in the folks opinions who:

1. Have a guild capable of raiding that doesn't do so very often

2. Haven't joined a guild because they look at the raid scene with disgust

3. People who are in raiding guilds that feel they simply don't have the infrastructure
Or the numbers to compete against larger, more established guilds.

This was spoken about between a few members of different guilds and it seemed that everyone agreed it would be fun. On my live server after luclin there were public pickup raids for almost all of the content. Chat channels made stuff like this a little easier but with ventrilo and twitter we could make it work.

If all you had to do was sign up and park your toon out at specific mobs a couple of times a week to have a chance at getting your epics/desired items, would you?

I mean a year ago I would have said yes, but now it just seems people are already looking to velious to be the savior of p99 raiding.

So what y'all think?
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 08-17-2013, 02:37 AM
Planar Protector

Tasslehof is just the moderate soul to round up a tidal wave of support.
Old 08-17-2013, 02:40 AM
Sarnak

gandhi of p99
Old 08-17-2013, 02:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tasslehof is just the moderate soul to round up a tidal wave of support.
Thanks for your continued support jeremy, appreciate it.
Luckily for you and others I'm not the only one who wants to get this going.
There will be plenty of help getting it started/maintaining it, if folks are interested.

Anyway, the only thing people would need to do to get in on this would be to create an email and a twitter account for that email. We will require folks to sign up using names that reflect their in game names.

We could also set it up in such a way that each guild interested can have 1 person be a representative of their guild on the batphone. This way we can interconnect a lot of players but keep the batphone system simple.

In other words lets say 5 guilds are interested, and they all have their own batphone set up. Each of those 5 guilds can choose a few folks to be on the batphone, and when a call goes out those folks can relay the message to their guild through their own batphone.

We can call it "the coalition of the willing" bros!
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 08-17-2013, 02:52 AM
Planar Protector

I commit the undying support of <The Medulla Oblongata> - I hope you won't discriminate!
Old 08-17-2013, 02:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just follow Tiggles' p99 stream and you will know when most things spawn. We're already tracking for you <3
Closed Thread