Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 11:04 AM
Aviak

Default Best solo or grouped spots for necro 50+?

Hello there all, I was wondering if there was a decent place to get a good % of experience per kill for Necromancers solo in Kunark? I have heard that Charasis is really good experience but I am not sure. Does Charasis require a key currently? (And is the quest doable by non-Iksar necros?). Finally, is there a decent place to get exp groups 50+ right now? I apologize for being so uninformed but I am just returning to the P1999 community after taking a break.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:07 AM
Sarnak

charasis does require a key and is a tough zone
I'd take a look at city of mist or try to get a group in karnors
Old 07-19-2011, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

Note that killing junk in Charasis will turf your OT faction - you're probably best soloing (since you're a necro) or doing Seb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:28 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messianic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Note that killing junk in Charasis will turf your OT faction - you're probably best soloing (since you're a necro) or doing Seb.
In this case I will surely be soloing somewhere else. CoM looks promising but perhaps a bit easy at my level of 50. I am considering doing a couple levels of seafurries but it is my suspicion that they will still be perma-camped by mages. I am really just looking for a few good camps to get me to 60 that aren't too crowded so I can do them in my free hours I get here and there.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:37 PM
Planar Protector

I did a lot of 51+ on my shaman root rotting in Skyfire.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:51 PM
Fire Giant

The first level of CoM is good experience in the low to mid 50s if you know the zone (it isn't hard to get to know - it's pretty small). After mid 50s you can still get good experience by going up to the second level.

For my own Necro, I stay out of KC and will stay out of Howling Stones because of the negative Venril Sathir faction - I want the outpost to remain comfortable.

What else is there then? In the old world there is Lower Guk and Sol B that provide a few spots, with loot as well. In Kunark, there is Seb (some soloing can be done there but not convenient really) and SkyFire (slow exp but some spell drops) and Burning Woods (so so experience). Burning Woods is different than live because of mob population and pathing. It seems as if there are even more spawns in BW on P99 than on Live, and they path in such a way that the only decent spot to set up and fight is at the Giant Fort itself. You CAN solo other places in BW for sure, but it requires care and vigilance.

Finally, Chardok is worth mentioning. The zone in and zone out can be solo'd and also a couple of places deeper in, though I don't recall exactly where.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:10 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to deakolt

You can't go wrong with CoM, go there stay there for days-

Bulltrue
Deakolt
Old 07-19-2011, 04:14 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did a lot of 51+ on my shaman root rotting in Skyfire.
Which mobs summon here, and did you notice any mobs that had a significant debuff rate? I'm trying to read up on this, so basically, what did you kill/camp and where?

Thanks for all of the replies guys, I'm highly considering CoM at this point, is there a specific camp, I read Boneyard somewhere and I think that could be possible if its not too popular.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

CoM is good. Sol B would probably be a nightmare for you because of pathing, etc. Lguk is great - My monk soloed various spots in lguk and Sol B 50+ because the mobs there are pretty weak. Didn't play a necro that high so I dunno how that would work out for you.

I also suspect live side keep is a great place to camp since you can invis in, summon pets in a safe spot and just keep a certain number of its spawns on lockdown. Some stuff there (dars, etc) that're blue to mid-late 50s IIRC, and very weak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:12 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwatt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Finally, Chardok is worth mentioning. The zone in and zone out can be solo'd and also a couple of places deeper in, though I don't recall exactly where.
How? I remember soloing here on live but I can't do it here. Many of the entrance mobs summon and nuke really hard.

I do remember also soloing further in, but it's been so long I can't recall either.
Closed Thread