Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 05:16 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Trimm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Making up rules? Awesome.
Just shut up already. It's a free to play, emulated everquest server. Its OK to have some fun every once in a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog View Post
Cats on the moon not happening on my watch.
Old 04-02-2011, 05:24 PM
Sarnak

Also he's jumping to conclusions since the pvp flagging was done exclusively for fun and did not weigh in at all on the eventual camp resolution.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:13 PM
Large Bat

Uthgaard, according to your broadcast last night, your goal is to specifically:

"Make you hate life if you drag me into a dispute. Resolving it yourselves will always be the path of least resistance, so do it."

I respect your desire that players work out issues themselves. It's the adult thing to do. But, I have a request in return: please stop responding to petitions. It seems counterproductive, doesn't it? I respect the work you do without pay to create a fun experience for everyone. But if you don't want the job of adjudicating disputes, that's fair. Don't. Or if you decide to get involved, don't do it with such apparent randomness, without reason or explanation to any understanding of server rules, and with what seemed to be such malevolence. Give back the same mature understand you want from your players.

Thanks for your time.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:13 PM
Kobold

I do admit that it is slightly annoying, albeit I understand it's the first week and am I patient to let this ride through. What I dislike is asking to get on the list if he/she leaves and they don't accept other non-guilded people. I get it, doesn't mean I have to like it ;p

It is what it is guys~ let it be, time will prove to be your ally in the end.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaaaflow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also he's jumping to conclusions since the pvp flagging was done exclusively for fun and did not weigh in at all on the eventual camp resolution.
I'm only going off of the information given and what I know of the well-known kneejerk rager with a whip.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:20 PM
Sarnak

But you don't have the information required to form a judgment on what happened, hence you are jumping to a conclusion. In this case, the wrong one.

Can't you just get banned again already?
Old 04-02-2011, 08:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaaaflow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But you don't have the information required to form a judgment on what happened, hence you are jumping to a conclusion. In this case, the wrong one.

Can't you just get banned again already?
Yeah, because proxies are difficult to use. Abacab is surely thwarted, amongst others, from such measures! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-02-2011, 09:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coril [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Uthgaard, according to your broadcast last night, your goal is to specifically:

"Make you hate life if you drag me into a dispute. Resolving it yourselves will always be the path of least resistance, so do it."

I respect your desire that players work out issues themselves. It's the adult thing to do. But, I have a request in return: please stop responding to petitions. It seems counterproductive, doesn't it? I respect the work you do without pay to create a fun experience for everyone. But if you don't want the job of adjudicating disputes, that's fair. Don't. Or if you decide to get involved, don't do it with such apparent randomness, without reason or explanation to any understanding of server rules, and with what seemed to be such malevolence. Give back the same mature understand you want from your players.

Thanks for your time.
Although your post makes sense, you are forgeting that Uthgaard is being aggravated on a minute by minute basis. If you poke and prod and agitate long enough, there will be consequences.

Im not trying to take Uthgaard's side, I'm just saying it shouldn't be very surprising if he acts in an agitated manner. I mean, if the staff seems to get really upset at putting a post in the wrong filing cabinet, they aren't very far from going postal irl.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:54 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lets get one thing straight folks. We don't answer to you.

There has been a lot of petitions lately, a lot of posts on the forums, with everyone trying to critique GM Decisions. The developers of this project put way too much time into this for us to be put on the spotlight every single time we make a decision, ESPECIALLY when you ASSUME you know all the facts. 90% of the time, you don't. Situations are handled between the staff and the players directly involved. Any dialog between a GM and a player can be considered a private matter, and will not be open to public debate. Players will divulge their interactions with GM's as they see fit, maybe giving all details and maybe not disclosing all of it, and quite possible they themselves aren't aware of every point of consideration in a staff decision.

I'm getting quite tired of everything being questioned, everyone assuming they are experts in every decision being made. Its getting old quite fast. We make decisions based on our best judgements, often discussing large impacting decisions with several staff members first. You are welcome to report anything you may believe to be unjustified use of GM privileges to the petition forum or Nilbog and myself, but this would only be in situations where you believe a GM did not act as they are instructed so, and an investigation may occur, but do not think that this suddenly privies you to all information associated with any decision. I realize that the environment for our community is a little more open than such organizations as SOE Itself, with more direct involvement in the community by the developers, but there are certain ways things need to be handled, and they wont always be agreed on by everyone, but thats how it is in any scenario. Many of us, including myself, do not play on the server. That means we spend all of our time working to better the server, and handling the issues that arise. We make decisions based on our best judgement, with no favoritism for any play character connections, so you will have to trust in our opinions for the health of the server.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled, un GM-related, flaming and asshatery.

<3
Closed Thread