Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 11:27 AM
Large Bat

Default Total n00b here, to EQ and p1999

Hello all, my name is Verril and I am a brand spankin' new player! I've always wanted to play Everquest, but my mom wouldn't buy it for me when I was a kid. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

My friend used to play Everquest. Whenever I went over to his house, I would make characters and run around exploring but never actually got to "play" for any extended amount of time. So now I'm hoping to see what I missed out on!
Old 11-06-2015, 01:42 PM
Fire Giant

Welcome to the game! What did you end up making?
Old 11-06-2015, 01:58 PM
Large Bat

I rolled a High Elf Magician and I'm currently stuck in the water beneath the weird tower thingie in Southern Felwithe.
Old 11-06-2015, 02:00 PM
Former Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verril [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I rolled a High Elf Magician and I'm currently stuck in the water beneath the weird tower thingie in Southern Felwithe.
If you find yourself in water, go into first person to steer up/down. You also often need to look nearly straight up to get out of the water and onto some of the ledges.
Old 11-06-2015, 02:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verril [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classic! Do you need help getting out?

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 11-06-2015, 02:05 PM
Banned

I heard if you're a witch, you sink in water. Or was it the other way around?

Anyway, you might be a witch.
Old 11-06-2015, 02:15 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classic! Do you need help getting out?
It looks like I was able to get out using Chroma's advice. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Can anyone give me a general idea of what the first things I should be doing are? Right now I'm talking to Niola Impholder and she's asking if I can [fetch] some spell components for her, but I can't figure out how to accept or get more information.
Old 11-06-2015, 02:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greengrocer 2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I heard if you're a witch, you sink in water. Or was it the other way around?

Anyway, you might be a witch.
Witches float...because they weigh as ducks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-06-2015, 02:33 PM
Former Guide

Quote:
It looks like I was able to get out using Chroma's advice. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Can anyone give me a general idea of what the first things I should be doing are? Right now I'm talking to Niola Impholder and she's asking if I can [fetch] some spell components for her, but I can't figure out how to accept or get more information.
Often NPC's that offer a quest have keywords in [brackets]. This where you have to get oldschool and actually sort of talk to them. You get used to this after a while, but let me give you an example.

Quote:
You say, 'Hail, Klok Mugruk'

Klok Mugruk says 'Welcome to my shop, sss. Only the finessst I have. I make for you jussst as I make for the emperor's harem. Many [bristle silk] garmentsss do they need. Ssss.. Lucky man, the emperor isss.

You say, 'what bristle silk?'

Klok Mugruk says 'What is bristle silk?!! Huh? Where have you been living? Under the rocksss.. Nahh. I sssee. You are a broodling from the common ssstock. You could never afford bristle silk nor the affectionss of those who drape themselves with it. Still, commons have much ssservice to offer. Maybe you would like to earn some [curscale armor]. Hmm?

You say, 'what is curscale armor?'

Klok Mugruk says 'Curscale armor? I make thisss crude armor from the broodlings of the scaled wolves. I use the ssskins of the pupsss and cubs. Those ssskins are ssstill young and thin and are bessst for the young adventurers. I sssupply them to the Legion of Cabilisss, but for a [small service] I shall make them available to you.

You say, 'what small service?'

Klok Mugruk says 'I am in need of pup and cub scaled wolf skins to create more [curscale armor]. Many Legionnaires have died in battle. The Baron demands more sssuits. I mussst have more ssskins or it is MY HIDE!! I shall reward pieces of the curscale armor to any who [perform a small service].

You say, 'I will perform a small service'

Klok Mugruk says 'Good. You take thisss pack and fill it all with scaled curskins. Only the pupsss and cubs of the scaled wolves shall do. They are not much for one sssuch as you. Combine all those ssskins and return the full curskin pack and I shall reward you with any available piece of curskin armor and a sssmall amount of coin. Mossst important is that you shall be proving your allegiance to all of Cabilisss.
This where the p99 wiki comes in handy (http://wiki.project1999.com). I would still encourage you to adventure and explore the world naturally, but if you want on the quick and dirty path to leveling you need to go out the front door of Felwithe and slay some things. The maps on the wiki should also help, and you can find a number of new player guides as well.
Old 11-06-2015, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

Welcome! And good choice to start with. Once you figure water out, the rest of the game is fairly straight forward.

Remember, the lands can be treacherous! Becareful, make friends with others and most of all, have fun!

EDIT:

Exactly what the guide says. However Wiki is way more than just a cheat sheet. I advise you visit wiki.project1999.com. SO much information that will help you as an adventurer. It can be just like the guide books you get when purchasing a new video game.
Last edited by dafier; 11-06-2015 at 02:49 PM..
Closed Thread