Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 06:54 PM
Banned

Default Boxing

yes
Old 06-11-2014, 06:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by lite [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yes
3. The Lite Rule. GMs won't ask if you won't tell
Last edited by Elderan; 06-11-2014 at 07:01 PM..
Old 06-11-2014, 07:17 PM
Banned

o man dis thread gonna be GOOG
Old 06-11-2014, 07:22 PM
Fire Giant

I seriously wanna hear people's argument against boxing. I've never understood a reason not to have it.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:27 PM
Kobold

Boxing blows ass. I personally hate boxing, and I cannot stand grouping with other people that do. You let the server box, and all of a sudden I have no option but to solo (since everyone is boxing and boxing blows my BALLS (in addition to blowing ass already)).

Then you end up with a situation where I am 1v4ing Samdancer, Samprancer, Samromancer, and whatever the fuck Sam #4 is called, making yellow text rain like it's going out of style. Next thing you know I'm fuckin banned for PVPing on a PVP server.

And that is why you don't allow boxing, friends.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:29 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithlessKR [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I seriously wanna hear people's argument against boxing. I've never understood a reason not to have it.
Because allowing boxing will drive all players to box instead of play socially. EQ is built on the concept of working together with others to achieve things, and boxing directly undermines that concept.

Players not interested in boxing will quit or not join a server that allows boxing, actual human player count will drop long term.

Maybe try playing with new players instead of finding ways to avoid interacting with others?
Old 06-11-2014, 07:30 PM
Fire Giant

Multi-boxing was never brought up. Having 1 maybe even 2 boxes doesn't do shit to the grouping or pvp state of a server. Because lets face it unless you've got a cleric in a super safe spot, you log off boxes for pvp because they're a detriment.

Hivemind sounds like he's running on an apple 2 and can't box himself.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprinklesAK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because allowing boxing will drive all players to box instead of play socially. EQ is built on the concept of working together with others to achieve things, and boxing directly undermines that concept.

Players not interested in boxing will quit or not join a server that allows boxing, actual human player count will drop long term.

Maybe try playing with new players instead of finding ways to avoid interacting with others?
Yes because I want to be 100% reliant on having 15 porter friends who can port me any time i log on just to get somewhere??

I have about 6 and I can't remember the last time one of them was online and not too busy to come port my rogue around. Your arguments are invalid and absolutely ridiculous.

I boxed my entire EQ career and played socially nearly the entire time, and when pals quit...guess what I can still play because I'm not grounded by having one character in the world. When it all comes down to it, you can't 2 box trakanon, you can't 2 box venril sathir, you can't 2 box anything....so how is boxing ruining a social theme?
Old 06-11-2014, 07:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithlessKR [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Multi-boxing was never brought up. Having 1 maybe even 2 boxes doesn't do shit to the grouping or pvp state of a server. Because lets face it unless you've got a cleric in a super safe spot, you log off boxes for pvp because they're a detriment.

Hivemind sounds like he's running on an apple 2 and can't box himself.
I think the last apple product I owned (the only I can ever remember owning) was a first generation ipod. Thing was a gigantic sack of shit, and gave me all the impression I needed to never purchase another apple product again. I guess it's easier on the imagination to make assumptions like I'm poor and/or am running on a shitty computer, and use that as reason as to why I dislike boxing.

It's a good idea, but wrong. And while "multi-boxing" was never brought up, boxing one client is pretty comparable to boxing two clients, which is pretty comparable to boxing three clients, and so forth. It's been my experience that the vast majority cannot even control one player character very well, let alone more than one. I don't like playing with shitties which is part of the reason that I cannot stand playing EQ on non-PVP server, and is part of the reason I cannot stand playing with people who box.

Sorry you can't do shit on one account and feel the need to be able to box in order to enjoy this game. Must suck.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lite [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yes
Don't you already box?
Closed Thread