Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 05-19-2024, 02:09 AM
Sarnak

Default @Item Reimbursement Delay news

Just give us Shared bank slots. I wanna say thats like 80% of IR but damn. Shared Bank Slots.

Even Museums have armed guard transports to protect michangelos penis
Old 05-19-2024, 03:31 AM
Sarnak

What I'm learning is that I should just restart the Iksar SK Khukri quest, because jesus 8 months behind, and 2 people (ultimately) have to do everything manually.

I suppose doing the froglok raiders again isn't so bad, and I still have my Chalp diagram, and I never did the Visceral Dagger or Stupendous Tome (on this server) to begin with.
Old 05-19-2024, 08:05 AM
Kobold

The term "reimbursement" is kind of confusing here, how exactly are people losing these items? The game very, very rarely actually glitches. Usually a quest turn in doesn't work because somebody isn't aware of a faction requirement, or the npc is already holding a portion of items which screws up an MQ and rewards the wrong person, but I thought gm's totally stay out of MQ issues? Are we talking about people who accidentally delete the wrong thing? Isn't that just user error?

Other than this, I thought the only item restoration the GM's do here is if your corpse legit decays, they'll summon it back to EC. They've done that a couple times for me and it only took about a day, or less.
Old 05-19-2024, 09:51 AM
Planar Protector

The GMs have been very lenient. The GMs do restore for user error. I'd imagine the vast majority are user error. Failed quest turn ins wrong npc/bad faction, accidentally deleted items, ground drops that rot and things like that they'll restore. I think items that poof in temp bags may also be included

Things I know they wont touch is if it involved Multiquest, items sold to a vendor or involved plat (such as trading your plat to the banker) those they wont process
Old 05-19-2024, 09:59 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The GMs have been very lenient. The GMs do restore for user error. I'd imagine the vast majority are user error. Failed quest turn ins wrong npc/bad faction, accidentally deleted items, ground drops that rot and things like that they'll restore. I think items that poof in temp bags may also be included

Things I know they wont touch is if it involved Multiquest, items sold to a vendor or involved plat (such as trading your plat to the banker) those they wont process
Ah wow I didn't know they were willing to do those kind of restores. Props to them for doing it at all, even if it takes 8 months. GM's on live were not restoring ground rots, I don't think they'd even restore rotted corpses cause that was part of the risk\reward model.
Old 05-19-2024, 12:27 PM
Planar Protector

Outside of a glitch (never happens), they shouldn't reimburse anything. Why waste GM time with this shit when it could be used else where? Isn't even classic.

I say fuck your epic and your 5 spiderling silks. Same thing with people who let their corpse decay because their too lazy to go get it. Gms should summon it but put a 1 month delay on it showing up in EC. Make the game some what unforgiving again.
Old 05-19-2024, 03:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciderpress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The term "reimbursement" is kind of confusing here, how exactly are people losing these items?
It's because this game is old as beans and there is no quick easy way to transfer items between characters. Newer games solved this problem by having mailbox systems or shared bank slots or just the ability to multi-box.

And don't just say "get another player to help", because there isn't always another player around and willing. Once you go down the rabbit hole of having legions of alts (1 for every class at least) you will need to swap gear around hundreds, perhaps thousands of times - from trivial things like spider silks for tradeskills to fungi tunics.

Now imagine playing on a server with literally nobody around, like RED - the server i play on.

The few times I have actually lost items were during drop transfers. Which is essentially logging out 2 characters in a remote location, drop the item on the ground, and log back in with the receiving character. An item only stays on the ground for exactly 5 minutes before it rots. So now imagine dropping a bag of gear, logging out and then the login server randomly crashes and you can't log back in to pick it up.

Elendil's Giveaway
Old 05-19-2024, 03:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infectious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Outside of a glitch (never happens), they shouldn't reimburse anything. Why waste GM time with this shit when it could be used else where? Isn't even classic.

I say fuck your epic and your 5 spiderling silks. Same thing with people who let their corpse decay because their too lazy to go get it. Gms should summon it but put a 1 month delay on it showing up in EC. Make the game some what unforgiving again.
This 100%. I been saying this for years. What sets EQ apart from modern day MMOs was lack of hand holding compared to now.

Dont restore anything except verified bugged hand ins (such as broken script from patch update or something where legit quest stops finctioning). This includes rotted corpses.

I remember people not pushing late night raids due to fear of corpse rot if there was a wipe too late and you had to work the next day.
Old 05-19-2024, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

To piggyback on that, melee even kept corpse recovery gear in the bank to fight towards wiped raids.

Your corpse decayed in 24hr online time if I recall
Old 05-19-2024, 07:32 PM
Sarnak

Yeah, are necros even needed anymore to summon corpses?

Come to think of it, i never see anyone looking for a necro corpse summon like the old days on live.

Elendil's Giveaway