Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 08:50 PM
Fire Giant

Default jboots for monk?

So I have been thinking of camping or buying some jboots but then I realized they weigh 2.5. It seems to get the true benefit of jboots (over say pots or traveler's boots) you would have to be able to click them at will which requires them being out of any weight reduction bag. Not sure it's worth it to gain 2.5 weight just to be able to use jboots freely and trying to fumble with moving them in and out of a bag every use sort of defeats the instant clicky benefit. Seems like it would just be better to buy traveler's boots or use pots because of this? Is this reasoning sound or am I missing something?
Old 11-21-2016, 09:15 PM
Sarnak

Click and drag jboots icon from inside WR bag into hotkey box, click and drag empty slot into adjacent hotkey box. You can then hotswap and click with speed.
Old 11-21-2016, 10:39 PM
Fire Giant

Ahh yeah..forgot about that. Still not ideal but doable I guess.
Old 11-21-2016, 11:13 PM
Planar Protector

Another way...
Open inventory and bag containing Jboots.
Left click Jboots
Left click Bag
F1
Right click Jboots
Left click Jboots
Left click back in the bag where the Jboots started.

Kowalski's mentioned method is faster and less dangerous.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 11-21-2016 at 11:17 PM..
Old 11-22-2016, 05:05 AM
Planar Protector

I'm slightly confused by your post, Baler. In case this is what you were trying to suggest, you don't need to self target for jboots.
Old 11-22-2016, 05:07 AM
Banned

they fit nicely inside a large soiled bag, worth their weight in gold
Old 11-22-2016, 08:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
they fit nicely inside a large soiled bag, worth their weight in gold
well their weight in the bag is 0 and they are worth more than that 8)

also, later on when weight limits get increased (up to 24 at level 60) the 2.5 is less crucial and you may find you can just have then in an inventory slot. it's at 60 when you mostly need them for a free instant click junk buff anyway. before that it's fine to stuff em in a bag
Old 11-24-2016, 07:39 PM
Fire Giant

OK so speaking of jboots..what level should a monk be able to solo the OOT AC? At 51 I just got wtfwnd by the regular cyclops spawn. Well it could have gone better if I had not gotten bugged at start and couldn't attack (and my mend was down) but still was too difficult for me to solo with no buffs on a 6m timer I think.

I have a Tstaff but that puts me overweight so I was using JM + SoS for better defense. Gear isn't amazing but I have a couple good items. RBG + mixture of crescent/wu's, BPS cloak and Robe of the Lost Circle.
Old 11-24-2016, 11:33 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQBallzz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OK so speaking of jboots..what level should a monk be able to solo the OOT AC? At 51 I just got wtfwnd by the regular cyclops spawn. Well it could have gone better if I had not gotten bugged at start and couldn't attack (and my mend was down) but still was too difficult for me to solo with no buffs on a 6m timer I think.

I have a Tstaff but that puts me overweight so I was using JM + SoS for better defense. Gear isn't amazing but I have a couple good items. RBG + mixture of crescent/wu's, BPS cloak and Robe of the Lost Circle.
It was a battle for me to solo him at 54 ... I did it, but it was a battle. I did use my def disc and I did mend ... not sure if I really needed to disc though
Old 11-25-2016, 05:35 PM
Planar Protector

Just suck it up like a man and put it in a general inventory slot.
Closed Thread